What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

I drove the two hours into Winnipeg today to check out the World of Wheels car show. Got to meet and chat with Gene Winfield while I was there, he's a really cool guy!
Pics will be posted once I sort through them all.

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, how was the seminar? It looks to me like we're back alive again. Happy spring to everyone.

It was ok. The people there for the most part were more interested in hawking their products than teaching you anything, with the exception of one guy. Of course for $12 with a free lunch, I did not have high expectations I am seriously considering a three day class with the guy who was trying to teach us something.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Crosley, nice carb but look inside the fuel line ,that type are often quite restrictive to flow in the part where the gage is.

Holley 4781c carb, 850 cfm rated

the fuel line came with the carb.  It will be swap meet part.  I will use lines to each bowl from a good flowing regulator.

The fellow told  me he had troubles with the floats, so shelved  the project for a while ....  4 yrs ago.  LOL  who has not done that with something.

he was putting 12 psi to the carb and the floats did not hold. gee wonder why?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

I spent a few hours out in the shop today listening to Pink Floyd and working on a new grille for the Essex. The truck runs a 1930 Chevy rad shell and it's always bugged me that it didn't have the cool louvers that a stock Essex shell has.
Essex shell on the left, Chevy on the right...

I was given that very ratty Essex shell last year and decided to mess around with it a bit today. I pulled the louvers out and tweaked them a bit so they'd be a little straighter. I then grabbed some small angle iron and drilled it for the ends of the louvers. I set the whole assembly into the spare Chevy shell that I have to see how it looks.

I think it will look ok. I'll get the louvers nice and straight then they'll be welded to the angle iron so they can't move around. I don't need them to open and close and most of the stock tabs are broken anyway. The whole mess will be painted black then mounted to the shell. :)

32coupe

Spent the weekend in Sydney at the drag strip for "day of the drags", my coupe didn't go as well as I expected so I parked it early.

Scooter was running his 33 dodge with the blown hemi for the first time, and had a few teathing problems, one of them being too much power and not enough traction which resulted in a visit to the left hand guard wall, and his chassis is a little bit shorter than it used to be.

Time for chassis mkII, and we need to spend more time setting the diff up better, lucky he has a spare chassis.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

58 Yeoman

Finally got some time to spend working in the shop; it's still a mess and has a path through all the stuff that's waiting to be put away once I finish the walls.  I did move the sandblast cabinet and put the antique wooden desk in its' place.  I cleaned the desk, then found that the drawers wouldn't slide back in. I peaked inside and noticed the the locking mechanism had slipped.

I then pulled the drawers out, and removed a panel on the bottom so I could repair the locking mechanism.  It's really quite a work of art.  I'll have to get some pix later.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quotewhich resulted in a visit to the left hand guard wall, and his chassis is a little bit shorter than it used to be.

Sorry to hear about that. At least he has the parts to fix it.

Crosley.In.AZ

visited Harbor Freight , bought an engine stand and an air tank for the track.

H-F is like the IKEA of tools
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Machined a convertor snout to fit the crank in the drag wagon I help with.

Pete

Ground a cam for a customer.
Drank beer. Bench raced with customer.
Finished the radius lifter assembly for the FlatCad project.
Drank beer. Bench raced with guy on phone.
Finished ignition mods for my hot rod.
Drank beer. Bench raced with wife.
Fixed party lights on the fence.
Drank beer with wife and bench raced.
Got ready to go out to race gang party.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Pete"Ground a cam for a customer.

Sounds like the racing is interfering with the beer drinking, you are going to have to set some priorities. :roll:

Pete

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Sounds like the racing is interfering with the beer drinking, you are going to have to set some priorities. :roll:

Hee hee....I just take whatever comes along at the moment.
By the way Frank, are you going to Bonneville this year?
If so, maybe I will get to meet you.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Pete"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Hee hee....I just take whatever comes along at the moment.
By the way Frank, are you going to Bonneville this year?
If so, maybe I will get to meet you.

At this point, I don't know.  I have not really planned the summer out yet.

WZ JUNK

I like your approach but I have had to back off on the beer some, at least if there is work to be done.

I was working on the flatcad project yesterday myself.  People are making parts for it all over the US.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

I welded the front and rear crossmembers to the main frame rails of the T frame tonight. Tomorrow I hope to weld the body mounting tabs to the main rails. It sure is nice to have a stock frame to go from for measurements.