What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

I spent the weekend removing my blown small block and crating it up to ship to Darwin, I have to make room for a Hemi now :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Crosley.In.AZ

My wife is cussing in the kitchen. Turns out the microwave has quit working.  Owners manual is no use with the displayed code "F6",   suggestion is to call "service"

As I am looking up online the code,  I am reading suggestions about slamming the door or whack the microwave because the code indicates a stuck relay inside.

Before I can get up from the computer I hear the door slamming on the microwave and my wife yells :  " Fixed it"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Crosley, her name isn't Emmitt is it??  Mine, the one I never use, is, and my Bride has always said I needed to have my own Emmitt's Fix-It Shop like was on, I think, Mayberry or maybe Green Acres back in the sixties.  That Emmitt's way to fix most stuff was to whack it with a mallet or something.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

Went to a sandblast shop today to have my headers done as our blaster at work is not working. Got quoted $150 to blast a set of headers.No thanks, I bought them for less!Is this the kind of price people pay for blasting?

phat rat

Have you considered buying a sandblaster for yourself. It really comes in handy for those small things you want to clean up.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

chimp koose

Have a blaster at work ,just need to fix it ,again!

kb426

Chimp, I only bought the 3 jaw chuck. If I need something along the lines of a 4 jaw, I have a center finder and a clamping kit I'll use. A 6" table isn't big enough to do much but it fits my mill table pretty good.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

kb426 ,Now you can make billet wheels for your mini bike!

enjenjo

The wife and I went to dinner with Rumbler and his lovely wife tonight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Just watching the creek here in East Helena,  It went over yesterday and is trying to do it again.  LOTS of rain forecast for today.  We had 1.5 inches Monday night, and remember we only get about 10 for the year normally.  Everything is pretty much under control, and I am far enough away that is is not an issue for me at my house.  The road next to me about a mile north is sure a mess.  The irrigation canals picked up the overflow from the creek and it is a mess.  There were emergency calls yesterday that a dam had collapsed, but that turned out not to be exactly true.  Just a blockage that had caused a temporary backup came loose.

Dog
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Boyd Who

I spent some time on the weekend working on the dash for my Essex.
This was the old one...

This is the new...it's a stock Essex unit that looks much better than the padded one did.

I also had my donor vehicle delivered last Sunday. While I was hoping to score a 327 for the hotrod, the 350/T350 in this truck will do for the time being.

Rrumbler

Had dinner last evening with a couple of nice folks from Ohio; good company and good food is a hard combination to beat.  I know it was a good evening, 'cause I slept like a baby last night.  :D

Today?? Well it started out a bit dicey, with a sick Grand baby - she cropped up with something after her Mom dropped her off at six AM, and we had the pukeys and crying for while until Mom got free of work and came and took her home about ten.  The rest of the day has been business as usual.  My life is so exciting!  :roll:  :wink:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

we had the draw for the mustang today. I didnt win. I feel kind of bad for our mechanics instructor having to part with the car. Its been a shop project for the past 7 years and I think it was kind of hard to let it go.

truck

finally got my chassis painted and all the running gear installed

chimp koose

built a brake lever for a friends bonneville car .