What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Hung some shelves in the garage today and immediately started storing stuff on them.  At this point I'll actually have it worked into decent shape pretty soon.  

In the process I relocated an existing shelf directly over the normal home of my toolbox and had an idea to convert an old ceiling fan light kit into a light for that corner of the shop.  Two birds with one stone, don'cha know.  Something that was just taking up space got new life and I get some extra light in the shop.

I've become firmly convinced that there's no such thing as too much light.  More light often does me as much good as putting on my glasses.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I agree with the light statement. Never enough light!
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent most of the day going over the 32. It hasn't been looked at very much all winter. I just drive it and put gas in it. I found a few things that needed some work before I go to Pueblo at the end of the week. I have mixed emotions about how much time you should spend on a highboy that's daily driven to keep it nice. It's got rock pits, grease from trucks, dirt, bugs in places that I can't believe. Fenders sure could save alot of trouble. I'm not into show cars right now. I just want to go and have a good time. I hope most people look at rock pits in a good way and not that I don't care about my stuff. I hope all you fathers had a good week end.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

kb426 chips just show it's a driver not a trailer queen. Have fun and forget what someone might think of them
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

KB...  Dont think of them as "chips"...    :?     Refer to them as "Badges of Courage" ....  :idea:   They are a part of enjoying all your hard work .... 8)     If I tried to touch up the chips on the Olds, I would prolly have to use a roller .... :shock:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

the general manager of Hughes Performance had his 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton crew cab diesel truck stolen from in front of the shop today about 1:30pm

This fits the description the police released a year ago about the drug cartels from Mexico operating in Arizona .. they like Ford and GM diesel trucks, 4x4 crew cabs and extra cabs... they find trucks near the freeways and head south after the vehicle is stolen.

Hughes is about 500 feet from the I-17 freeway
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Wow! They have to be fast and brave.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Went through the rear end in Josh's Mustang. 8.8 with a posi, 4.11 gears, carrier cap girdles, welded axle tubes, and a housing girdle. Then we put it back in the car. We still need to do the driveshaft, I need a companion flange for the rear end that will take a big Spicer U joint.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I spent an hour under the 32 cleaning the grime from use off. It's 220 miles to Pueblo which means it won't be clean when I get there. At least it's cleaner than when I started.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

32coupe

I helped Scooter pull the Hemi out of his bent chassis so he can strip the chassis and put all the running gear into a new chasssis, and the bonus is I can borough it to do the setup in my coupe before my Hemi gets here :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Crosley.In.AZ

Building several high horsepower trans lately.. the pictured glide  is for  a 705 cid powered dragster.

Bell housing not bolted on yet.  All powder coated , chrome or polished alloy external
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Tony ..... What's the "canister" type thing hanging off the left rear of the trans ???

Bob .... :wink:

enjenjo

Fixed a quick attach on a Bobcat. Started on another truck, prostreet 67 Chevy, I have to fix the brakes. Found I don't have the right driveshaft for the Mustang, I will have to get one cut.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Tony ..... What's the "canister" type thing hanging off the left rear of the trans ???

That is the solenoid for the trans brake.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Tony ..... What's the "canister" type thing hanging off the left rear of the trans ???

That is the solenoid for the trans brake.

What does it activate inside the trans ???

Bob.... :wink: