What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Had a Lincoln spec C6 trans in the shop this week.  Have not seen one in many years.

Used behind the 462 engine for 2 yrs as I recall, the case top was slanted off to provide clearance for the HVAC stuff on the firewall.  Engine block was special too.  Some blocks had dual patterns for bell housing

That's a STRANGE one ....I,ve never seen one like it ..... :?

Hope the case ain't bad ........

Bob......
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

Mounted the intake on the anglia motor today. wouldnt you know it I can only find 7 of my plug wires!As soon as I find a carb and fix my headers I will start this engine on the run in stand we have at work.then I get a convertor and its in the car .

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went to Highway99 Hot Rods to visit DRD.
Dude looks like the consumate rod shop owner.  

Been way too long, think I' had better visit and give him a shake-up.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Meanwhile winter has started, all the dams are full with water for the first time in ten years and we're freezin our * off.  Global warming huh?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Finished this one a few days ago, but forgot to post, so we'll call it what I did today.

Mildly customised '48 Ford F1 with a little surpise under the hood.

Inside and underneath detail.

Pait colour is candy pearl red touch up paint from my daily driver, over gold flake base.

Fabricated throttle linkage, plumbed injection and fully wired engine...

The '41 Plymouth bumper is a perfect fit, dunno why nobody has done it in 1/1 scale.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

I took a little ride to Cleveland today, I had to deliver a car I sold. While I was there I met up with three of the Cleveland mafia. Frank (slo-cro) Joe and Tony. They met me where I was dropping the car at and then we went for lunch and caught up on things. I hadn't seen them for over three years. Enjenjo I would have stopped at your place on the way home but it would have been around the supper hour so I came on home. I'll catch you another time
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Danimal

Had a big storm last weekend. No power until Wednesday here. Neighbor lost about a 100 year old Maple. Came down on the power lines ripping 2 or 3 poles and several exploded transformer. Lost stoves, fridge, and lots of other stuff including Eli's computer.

Since we heat with wood, our neighbor told us if we cleaned up the tree, we could have it. Burned through about 5 tanks of fuel on my Stihl and have it nearly down to the major trunk. 5 or 6 truck loads of wood thus far. Shopping for a tilt type splitter now. Hope to have all that I've cut cleaned up tomorrow. Hoping to borrow a big saw from one of Court's friends to get the rest.

Boys went to Pirates 4. Edie and I went to dinner in Blissfield.

Tomorrow should be another sweaty day!

jaybee

I've had more time available lately, have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing in the garage getting it ready to get back to work.  Took a couple of unneeded 100# propane bottles back to the supplier, did a little exhaust work on the minivan.  Things have been so wild I just got tomato and pepper plants in the ground today.  Fortunately they're big, healthy plants and the Spring has been so cold and wet I don't think they would've done well had they been planted earlier.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"I took a little ride to Cleveland today, I had to deliver a car I sold. While I was there I met up with three of the Cleveland mafia. Frank (slo-cro) Joe and Tony. They met me where I was dropping the car at and then we went for lunch and caught up on things. I hadn't seen them for over three years. Enjenjo I would have stopped at your place on the way home but it would have been around the supper hour so I came on home. I'll catch you another time

It would have been tough, I'm still in Vegas.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wvcab

nothing car related, been digging trenchs for sprinkler lines... i hate digging

kb426

I got a new toy this week.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

recovering... bad food friday evening.  I think the wife is poisoning me slowly with some bad corn chips
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

[It would have been tough, I'm still in Vegas.[/quote]

We discussed that and were wondering if you were back yet or not.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I got a new toy this week.

A Flamjamber winder-upper  :!:  8) ....NOS no less with multiple lever gizmo's &  a CALIBRATED hand crank wheel thingie..... :shock:

GREAT Find ......... :lol:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Wait till I explain to someone that I bought a Flamjamber winder-upper thingy. This good be really good. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Kb426, did you get a 4jaw or a faceplate too?