What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

QuoteFWIW...I think there might be more than 43 holes on this firewall. I should be pretty good at filling them when I'm done!  :cry:
[/quote]

Be sure & move around ..Do it slowly .. You don't want to warp it ...  

Do you realize you have completed more work on your car since you built your garage than I have done on my
Model A  since 1980   :?:  :shock:   :b-d:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Mikej

The wife and I are tearing down our old mouse, coon and bird infested garage. we're going to build a new storage shed, so we will have a clean place, to store The Comet parts. Had shower and think I need another.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Mikej"The wife and I are tearing down our old mouse, coon and bird infested garage. we're going to build a new storage shed, so we will have a clean place, to store The Comet parts. Had shower and think I need another.

Gonna have a barn raising?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

Not  exactualy a barn but a 12-12 pitch roof to match to house. I still need to build 1 more rafter. I'm looking forward to put up the new, as tear down stinks. :cry:

Boyd Who

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Be sure & move around ..Do it slowly .. You don't want to warp it ...  

Do you realize you have completed more work on your car since you built your garage than I have done on my
Model A  since 1980   :?:  :shock:   :b-d:

Thanks Bob. I've done lots of sheetmetal welding in the past, I'm just not looking forward to filling that many holes.  :lol:

What's taking you so long with your "A"? I'm actually taking my time with this Essex rebuild. My goal is to have it back on the road in the spring of 2013. When I built my '48 Chevy p/u back in 1998 it was done in 3 1/2 months, and I was working outside on a gravel parking pad with no garage! It was after that that I vowed never to build anything else until I had a decent shop to work in.

GPster

Quote from: "Boyd Who"When I built my '48 Chevy p/u back in 1998 it was done in 3 1/2 months, and I was working outside on a gravel parking pad with no garage! It was after that that
I worked faster before I had a garage too. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Al ....Some of the "Store Bought" parts for my Model A have gone "out of style" ... Returned as "Retro-Rod" & now have gone out of style AGAIN ... :shock:  

I have guy's call me to verify the age of their swap meet " Antique Scores" as they know I prolly have the same thing new & unused ... :oops:

It has always been referred to as a "Retirement Project" ...  :roll:  

I guess when the Mrs. tells me to start on the "A", retirement will be right around the corner ... :lol:   LOTS of other Cars / Trucks / Projects  have been completed while the "A" sits .....We always seem to have something handy to work on ... 8)

Bob....... :wink:

Boyd Who

I think you qualify for the "world's longest hotrod project" award, Bob!  :lol:

I did some more cutting, hammering, and swearing today.

Out with the old...

What an abortion!!

In with the new! I mocked up the "new" stock firewall to see how it will look. It still needs to have the lower legs trimmed, then it'll be cleaned and have most of the holes filled before being welded in place...

From the inside, old...

And new. Holy toe-jam Batman...we'll have legroom!! :D

UGLY OLDS

The wiring looks LOTS better on the new one too ...   :?   It's hidden so well you can't even SEE it    :shock:

Boy ....What a difference a firewall can make ........ 8)  

enjenjo

I spent the last two days reworking the seat so it goes far enough back, and making new seat belt brackets so they fit better. I am now exactly where I was saturday, except now it all fits. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I spent the day undercoating the trunk ,wheel tubs and underside of the anglia. Painted the trunk with spakle finish trunk paint but ran out before I could finish.

Boyd Who

I got my new compressor up and running today. It's a HUGE improvement over the little 20-gallon unit I've had for the past 15 or so years.

chimp koose

I sent a student off to find an aluminum magnet today. The other rolling magnet I have only picks up steel! I will have to tell him tomorrow that its made of unobtainium and see if he understands.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"I sent a student off to find an aluminum magnet today. The other rolling magnet I have only picks up steel! I will have to tell him tomorrow that its made of unobtainium and see if he understands.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

kb426

Chimp, I hope that kids parents don't come looking for you.  :lol:
TEAM SMART