UGLY OLDS

^^^^^     That's the answer  8)     ^^^^^

I like it   );b(

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I had a day of vacation. I spent it working on the cafe racer project and working on an electrical contactor for a friend. Washed a few cars and quit. It was a beautiful spring day. The rest of the weekend isn't supposed to be as nice. Happy Easter to all.
TEAM SMART

junkyardjeff

Installed a couple valve springs in the 37 and got rid of most of the rattle,will be ordering 10 more so I can replace them all.

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

moose

Pulled the A into the light of day to check the profile from a distance.....

sirstude

As usual, sanding.  Going to get the Impala out of storage tomorrow, before the rain/snow starts again on Monday.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Carnut

Wow Moose that is a great looking coupe.

That's exactly the way I'd build my coupe if I were to build it again.

moose

Quote from: "Carnut"Wow Moose that is a great looking coupe.

That's exactly the way I'd build my coupe if I were to build it again.

Thanks,  Still have a ways to go and a couple mods to make!

Tim

Charlie Chops 1940

That's coming along very nicely Moose. The profile ans stance is right on the money!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

It looks great. That '32 frame is the right addition to that un-fendered body. When I built mine I channeled it over an "A" frame for 3 reasons. The body I started with had no floor ( or rear apron, or trunk, or back window, or firewall ). I built it on a $3.00 "A" frame out of a restorer's junk pile. I had grown up with an "East Coast" mind-set. The body needs to sit on the heigth of a frame and the 4" of an "A" frame is not enough. It leaves too much mechanical stuff hanging down in view. Remember you'll have to put a gas tank somewhere. If you hang it on the back that rear apron will have to be more like a '32's. GPster

Rrumbler

Nice, Moose.  Just like a pretty girl: No matter which way you look at it, it is good lookin, and in my mind, that profile and quarter shot are b-e-utiful.  Put some new clothes on her, and you'll be knockin' eyes out everywhere you go.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Boyd Who

Always cool to see a project rolled outside like that. The coupe looks great!

I spent part of the morning stripping an Essex cowl that I picked up for next to nothing. I wanted it mainly for the firewall, but I was also able to save the dash, the cowl vent, and the passenger door dovetail.

The dash from this cowl is the upper one. I plan to use the bottom one in my truck, though. It's a year or two newer and I prefer the slimmer look of it.

I never knew how much fun drilling out spot welds could be!!  :roll:

It will be nice having a stock firewall to replace the butchered one that is currently in my truck. There should be plenty of room in the engine bay for a SBC without having to cut the firewall. I'll gain almost 11" of legroom in the cab by going back to stock.  :shock:

kb426

Lots of holes to fill. I think my record for firewall holes is 43.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Haha! Yes, there's a few holes to fill. I plan to actually weld them up this time, unlike my '48 Chevy truck firewall that I used black duct tape on.  :lol:
FWIW...I think there might be more than 43 holes on this firewall. I should be pretty good at filling them when I'm done!  :cry: