What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Tagged along with a friend to Edmonton to pick up a car for another friend of ours. 125" wheelbase ,former A/A moly chassis.The car weighs about 600pounds rolling and is going to get an all aluminum 632 and powerglide.

enjenjo

Picked up some of the parts for the AD truck at the body shop today, I'll get the rest tomorrow. I installed the front bumper and splash apron this afternoon.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Went to doctor to try and figure out a few things, ordered brake cables for wifes coupe and back to work.

32coupe

I have been spending the last couple of weeks helping Scooter to fire up that Hemi we fitted to his project 33 Dodge sedan, so we can take it to a family day at the drags for some test and tune runs.

Wow it sounds sweet with the blower on it, and of course it now runs on Propane :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

kb426

We had a little temp inversion here today. It's 84 degrees. I sprayed the engine in the cafe racer project down with solvent. it's nice working outside in shirt sleeves and being warm.  :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "32coupe"I have been spending the last couple of weeks helping Scooter to fire up that Hemi we fitted to his project 33 Dodge sedan, so we can take it to a family day at the drags for some test and tune runs.

Wow it sounds sweet with the blower on it, and of course it now runs on Propane :wink:

I paid 3.45 US for propane gallon on monday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

I spent a couple hours with a stripper today...  :P

chimp koose

boyd who, I stripped my anglia a year ago with a water based product that worked really well,especially when you covered the stripper with saran wrap so it couldnt dry up. I would remove the wrap and all the paint would come off with it. I think it was 3M safest stripper . Real easy to use if the product you are using gives you grief.

Carps

Cancelling flights to Japan and the Middle East.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

Quote from: "Carps"Cancelling flights to Japan and the Middle East.

That sounds like a good idea. Here the government is advising people to stay away and those already there too leave
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"boyd who, I stripped my anglia a year ago with a water based product that worked really well,especially when you covered the stripper with saran wrap so it couldnt dry up. I would remove the wrap and all the paint would come off with it. I think it was 3M safest stripper . Real easy to use if the product you are using gives you grief.

That sounds like a good way to do it! I'll try the saran wrap idea...this stuff I'm using dries very quickly. Thanks!

32coupe

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "32coupe"I have been spending the last couple of weeks helping Scooter to fire up that Hemi we fitted to his project 33 Dodge sedan, so we can take it to a family day at the drags for some test and tune runs.

I paid 3.45 US for propane gallon on monday

Down here Gas is $1.50lt and Propane is $0.75lt, that's why it is so popular here. :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

UGLY OLDS

Bolting the fenders & aprons to the bare frame on horses BEFORE doing body & paint work ... :idea:     BRILLIANT   :!:  :!:   Sure beats chasin' them around the floor    :!:  :lol:  :lol:  

EXCELLENT idea ... 8)      I LIKE IT   );b(                  Sometimes it's the simple things ..... :oops:
 Course nobody ever picked me as being the brightest bulb in the chandelier either .... :roll:  

Bob........... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteI spent a couple hours with a stripper today...  

My wife doesn't like it when I do that :roll: It makes her .....testy, yeah, that's it, testy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Bolting the fenders & aprons to the bare frame on horses BEFORE doing body & paint work ... :idea:     BRILLIANT   :!:  :!:   Sure beats chasin' them around the floor    :!:  :lol:  :lol:  

EXCELLENT idea ... 8)      I LIKE IT   );b(                  Sometimes it's the simple things ..... :oops:
 Course nobody ever picked me as being the brightest bulb in the chandelier either .... :roll:  

Bob........... :wink:

Glad I could help! I hate chasing stuff around the floor too!  :D
I have to fix a lot of "mistakes" that the original builders of this truck did, so I'm going to be doing a number of mock-ups like this before I'm done.
One thing I'm doing is separating the splash aprons from the front fenders. For some strange reason they brazed them together when they did the bodywork. Grrrrr!

enjenjo...as long as the strippers in my shop come from a can, my wife doesn't seem to mind.  :lol: