What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art.flame

tried on some wheels

enjenjo

Quote from: "art.flame"tried on some wheels

Are they going to work?

I replaced the drive belt on my garage furnace blower. I got the furnace free more than 20 years ago, and the belt broke today. You can't depend on anything.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Spent 3 hours of work on combustion chamber valve relief work.One head almost done.

art.flame

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Are they going to work?

I replaced the drive belt on my garage furnace blower. I got the furnace free more than 20 years ago, and the belt broke today. You can't depend on anything.

yep ,255.60 17" tide but it fits

enjenjo

Quote from: "art.flame"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Are they going to work?

yep ,255.60 17" tide but it fits

new ride?

sirstude

Headed back out to the garage to sand some more.  Spent the morning working on my son's various cars.  Redoing what he had the local dealer do.  On my 3rd resetting of the height of his Grand Am seat that the motor siezed up on .  Common problem with that size GM cars.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

art.flame

enjenjo,
you have sharp eye
and your right it my new daily ,sold the thunderbird and bought this 48 coupe
the heids ifs with airride ,parallel leafs ,5.0 efi -aod and wheels are in stock,
just need some time to get it all on the car.

Art

enjenjo

Quote from: "art.flame"enjenjo,
you have sharp eye
and your right it my new daily ,sold the thunderbird and bought this 48 coupe
the heids ifs with airride ,parallel leafs ,5.0 efi -aod and wheels are in stock,
just need some time to get it all on the car.

Art

Why not start a post with some more pictures ? You do have a stand under it, and not just the floor jack.

jaybee

Goin' to the garage shortly to put front brake pads on one of the DDs and look to see where it's dripping a little coolant.  It'll be good to get a little garage time.  I work for a guy who's never run a trucking company who works for a guy who's never run a trucking company.  They're running the other manager at my level and I ragged looking for a game changer in every little corner of the P&L instead of focusing on the basics of the business.  They're freaking out and it's this simple; 1) We schedule everything too conservatively and don't quite run hard enough.  2) We need to raise rates and have run behind our competitors in that regard.  3) Someone needs to figure out how to hire some drivers.  Three hires in an entire month ain't gonna get it, even with good turnover.

Sorry to talk business...it's all I get to think about anymore.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I spent yesterday hooking up the eastwood 200 amp tig I bought and installing a Igaging 24" DRO scale on my mill. The welder works fine, the dro isn't as accurate as advertised. They say 10 thousandths per 6". I say 10 thousandths per inch. I'm going to send them an email and ask questions. Today i spent the afternoon removing brackets from the frame on the cafe racer project. A little more and I'll have pics to post.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

All I've been doing lately is cleaning up my wife's car, getting it ready to sell. I'll be back working on the Essex shortly.

chimp koose

My senior machining class is ahead of schedule on their projects so this week we are working on our mini chopper project.It is fun watching and helping the kids out with the problems they are trying to solve with each of their mini engineering challenges. Not like working from a blueprint,they have to be creative to solve the puzzle.

wayne petty

i ran into something new today...

seems when you buy 134A here in cal... there is a 10 buck deposit on the empty can... on top of the price of the 134A... this is probably to prevent stocking up..  it also takes a new adaptor for the top... as the cans are NOT pierce anymore...  the adaptor only costs 3 bucks.. and converts the piercing valve to a device to operate the valve like a spray can...

Carps

Planning my NSRA Nat's/ Bonneville vacation for August.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Drove to Cleveland yesterday, picked up some parts for an Aussie buddy. Today I tore down two TR5A manual transmissions for a Ford to rebuild them. Then I modified some running board brackets to fit this AD truck.