What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

The 3.55 gears came in yesterday for the 8 inch thats in my 37,I wont be installing them today but its tuesday nights project since its supposed to be a little warmer.  What sucks is I cant take it for a test run due to all the snow and salt on the roads but will put it in the other garage and get my 55 in the big garage for a cam change.

Crosley.In.AZ

Changed the right side head lite bulb...  I should have just bought 2 bulbs and changed both at same time since they burned out a week apart 2 years ago.

Another gripe of mine.... DRL burn up bulbs faster than the old daze

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I have the wood done for the bed floor on the AD truck. Just needs the final finish. I was going to do a urethane final coat, but on a test panel I did, I am getting some reaction between the urethane and the shellac. I may have to go with an epoxy final coat.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Set a cyl head on the mill tonight and started boring out the bowl area just under the valve seat. I am going to port these out for the anglia motor.

kb426

I am so boring you'd think I was dead. It was 63 degrees here today. I worked on the patio for awhile and started cleaning parts for my next project. It's a cafe racer cycle so it will be way off topic for here. I'm supposed to have one more nice day before I have to be concerned with winter again.
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "kb426"It's a cafe racer cycle so it will be way off topic for here.

nope not off topic.
in fact i would very much like to see what you are doing, i love cafe style bikes.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "kb426"It's a cafe racer cycle so it will be way off topic for here.

nope not off topic.
in fact i would very much like to see what you are doing, i love cafe style bikes.

later jim

Me too. But what do I know. I have been telling everyone that there really is no such thing as off topic, here on the RRT, but no one seems to believe me.

river1

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

nope not off topic.

later jim

Me too. But what do I know. I have been telling everyone that there really is no such thing as off topic, here on the RRT, but no one seems to believe me.

i think they believe you, we all just don't listen to you :roll:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

rx4ord

Crikey. I have had 3 days plus with a new computer and have only just been able to use it. Talking to foreign people all over the world and understanding every second word makes it hard to get the thing connected. This new one works quicker . Now I have to catch up with it. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

kb426

When I get the parts gathered, I'll start a build thread and try real hard not to be boring.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

i think they believe you, we all just don't listen to you :roll:

jim  ....  who you talking to?   :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Been straightning, filling, and sanding for the last month.  Took the last parts over to my buddy's shop to prime tomorrow.  Little more 220, and then time for tinted primer and start the sanding all over again, wet and fine this time.  Still hoping to get paint on by the end of summer.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

tom36

Finished up the brake system for the Model A.  Adjusted brake shoes; installed emergency brake cables , bled system, tightened loose fittings, bled again. tightened up some more, bled system, made up a new line for a new line I couldn't tighten any more and bled again.  all is well now.  Tom...

kb426

We've had 2 fabulous days with temps in the upper 60's and low 70's. I've got the cycles out for exercise, cleaned the 32 again, done some house projects and tried to get ready for this week. Tuesday's high is supposed to be 8 degrees.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I will start digging my way north from the house.  There is a shop out there somewhere.  At least we did not get the ice.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH