Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Fixin to get back after stuff here.  

Seems like too many different "life things happen" got in my way this summer
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Hanging the front fenders on the Grand Marquis today ..And tomorrow & Monday...Etc ... :roll:

Then paint the front end .....  8)

I sure do hate to get rid of that car ...... :(

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "GPster"I'm surprised he found it still in one piece when he bought it. Back then it wound have furnished  a prime go kart engine. It might not start next time with today's "corn gas" in the tank GPster.

I don't think he would store it with gas still in it for any extended length of time. Not sure what gas he uses for mowers and such but he does have a nearby ethanol free distributor.

The go-kart got a four stroke 2.5 HP Clinton, it was a slug!

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426":lol:

Wheels are to small and do not seem to be in the correct location in reference to the cab.  Truck is also missing some pieces.  Just trying to help you.  :lol:

I worked the leaf harvest again today.  My fourth day of harvest in the last 10  days.  I think I may be finished.

Yesterday I hauled in a trailer load of steel pallets.  I have a friend who is in the tractor and lawnmower business.  His products come to him on pallets that are made of square and rectangular tubing.  He has to pay one of his employees to cut them up for disposal.  It is much cheaper for him to give them to me.  New steel for free.  I am the junk man.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Hey KB ... I agree with John .. That does look kinda strange ...  :?

Maybe you should talk to John & get some of that steel tube he mentioned & whip up a frame for it and then find something like a Mustang for a "donor" car  :?:  
WAIT ... :idea:  On second thought, scratch the Mustang idea..  I hear that they have "quality" issues on the used market.. ...... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

chimp koose

KB this one needs green metalflake the size of postage stamps !

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"KB this one needs green metalflake the size of postage stamps !

Do you realize how big the spray can would be for that  :shock:  :shock:  :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

chimp koose

You could apply the flake with a gun like they used in the bat fuzz thread . Then you could probably lay the first few coats of clear with a roller ! When I was a kid there was a green flake 57 chevy at the end of the block . 40 coats of lacquer on it . It got a small dent in the door and it chunked off . The rest of it was removed with a scraper .  :shock:

kb426

You guys remember a movie that I think was called Shrinking woman with Lily Tomlin? When she sat in the chair that was 4 times larger than normal, that would be the comparison for the gun. Now we will need a green giant to operate it! :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Just use the "Economy Size" spray can ... 55 Gallons ...Shake well before use .. :lol:

HEY WAIT ....Better Idea .. :idea:  :idea:

Pour it from the top ...Let it dry..Slice it flush with the rocker panels  :!:  :!:  :shock:  :shock:  8)

Best coverage ever  :!:    :-}

Bob.. :wink:

chimp koose

maybe load up the leaf blower ! :lol:

kb426

I kind of like the blower idea! How many days could I spend machining and fabbing a hopper with a variable venturi? :)
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

Our local garbage/ trash disposal site also has a metal disposal bin. I usually check it out when I make a garbage run. 2 weeks ago I snagged a nice piece of stainless sheet someone had pitched. Old bed railings make good bracket material.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

WZ JUNK

My wife and I like to travel.  We are not shoppers.  We like historic stuff, National Parks, and other scenic attractions.  While eating supper this evening, we calculated the distance we have travel since May of this year.  A total of 25,000 miles.  17,000 by vehicle, and 8,000 round trip by air to Hawaii.  We have actually went farther than that but not a lot.  A couple of old school teachers out running amuck.

My wife is a very good planner and our days are filled with many things to see and do.  On the recent trip to Hawaii were up some mornings at 3 and 4 AM to get started on the day.  We rest when we get home, but we have not been home a lot these past months.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH