What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Very nice car. Understated but slick and mean looking.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Thanks for the comments guys. It barely clears a pack of Camels but thats headers and all, ha ha. That green car's loaded subframe /engine / etc will help another get back on the road. Full-length rust free floor was also saved as salvage.
Matt

idrivejunk

Since I already pic bombed this page... had her out for a howl today. Used some tire stuff to quiet the belts, it sits outside.
Matt

58 Yeoman

And now you've transformed it into another entirely different look. You ARE good. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Shazam! Its a Transformer... or Pokemon... or wait no.... well I always did say that GP drives like an overgrown Firebird.

If a car and a road can love each other, the ones in that pic are a happy and long-standing couple.  :D
Matt

enjenjo

That is the best looking GP they ever built.

We have the body all framed in on Frank's trailer, he was dressing welds and cleaning it for paint today.

I spent the day working on Josh's shed, putting down the second layer of the floor. The whole understructure is treated lumber, and the first layer of flooring is fiberglass panels. The second layer is plywood.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Yesterday we got up early and headed out to the annual John's Rod & Kustom Picanic.

I like to capture people being people on film, it helps tell the story of how much fun was had at the event.

Jason bolted very early, to beat the rain.

This was much later in the afternoon, but the rain didnt arrive until even later.

Datsfa may be gone, but his Tub has been at every Rod and Kustom Picnic and lives on, delivering the kind of fun only it knows how to generate.

Another old rod, built by Terry Scully in the very early sixties it's had a wide range of power plants over the years and maybe a chassis update or three, but remains true to original with bodywork as it always was, only a different colour as it appears is the case with the owner's hair and beard, which seems to have faded somewhat.  But the :lol:  :lol:  :lol: hasn't.

It's about as low as a brown snake's belly.

And yes, it really is/was a Fiat Topollino in another life.

The Confederates Rod and Kustom Club did a great job to make sure everybody got fed.

I might just let the pictures talk for the rest, but then again, I might not.   :D

My version of arty-farty isn't as arty farty as some of the young fellas, my eyes are older and don't work so well.

A class act.

Billy is still logging up the miles in the T Special.

Rare is a word that comes to mind, when viewing Dale's '55 Ford Courier.

Maybe not as big as the events at Packenham, but a great turnout all the same with everybody congratulating the boys because they had an excellently fun time.

It was just like being back at the original John's Picnic, where everybody knew everybody and it was a totally laid back and stress free family day of friends catching up with friends.

However, as often happens, somebody called the cops.

I liked this car and the subsequent photograph.

This one too.

I'm inclined to take more than just one photograph of the cars that appeal to me.

Edsels have always held a strange allure.

Chevies too, pun intended.

Chopper's Ute still looks great, despite so many years working hard as the shop truck.

Kaiser Manhattan is not so common here in Oz.
In fact its downright rare!

This needs to be restored to duty.

Some folks arrived even later than me.

Channelled coupes are the quintessential traditional Aussie Hot Rod.

Not so sure about Pickemup trucks, but there do seem to be plenty of them around the place now..

On the other hand, ya can't go past a Yoot in the quest for Aussieness.

Yup, it was a good day, and the venue every bit as good as the expensive hundred thousand dollar locations.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

416Ford

Great pictures Carps. Love seeing the different take on hotrods down under.
Finished disassembling Vance's car Saturday. He is on his own for awhile till its ready for me to fill in all the holes in the firewall that are not needed.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

Hi kids:  still NO internet at home.  Short story is people in the Cox Communication system not moving stuff forward as we were told.  LOL

I calmly let them know my disappointment & finally the under ground install work has been finished.

Not much WiFi that I trust, so that is limited use for me on the cell phone.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

I sympathize, Tony; if we weren't a captive audience here, I wouldn't give the Cox people a plugged nickel, their service is so poor.  We've quit their TV cable service, but we are old enough that being without a land line phone is pretty much unthinkable, satellite TV isn't any better than Cox, and the low rate DSL we can get from Century Link is a no go; so we're sort of stuck.  Both Cox and Century link need to rebuild and update their backbone systems out here where we live - they are forty years old and were poorly installed - and they apparently don't think that is a profitable solution.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

idrivejunk

Got word that the grey Trans Am made round 2 of the Builder's Shootout at SEMA but not round 3. That'll work!
Matt

chimp koose

spent the evening replacing a pwr steering hose on my 92 silverado

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Rrumbler"I sympathize, Tony; if we weren't a captive audience here, I wouldn't give the Cox people a plugged nickel, their service is so poor.  We've quit their TV cable service, but we are old enough that being without a land line phone is pretty much unthinkable, satellite TV isn't any better than Cox, and the low rate DSL we can get from Century Link is a no go; so we're sort of stuck.  Both Cox and Century link need to rebuild and update their backbone systems out here where we live - they are forty years old and were poorly installed - and they apparently don't think that is a profitable solution.

what a cluster it has been.  Little annoying PITA stuff all along the path.

Gal at store that signed us up, dropped the ball too.  

We were listed in the system as purchasing a modem. Yet, no modem was shipped to us, We did not pay for a modem, We have received NO bill,    the tech was not told to bring one.  IN FACT the tech was told to not setup a modem since we purchased one.  What?

The gal at the store did not charge us anything, no receipt, no contract, no modem, nothing.

Cox supervisor stepped up after the tech at my house called.  The tech relayed the story.  Supervisor sent another tech by with a modem that Cox sells , for install.  THe tech here  only had a modem that Cox rents out per month.  LOL 2  Different modems.  Rental modem was double the size, than the one they sell.

I could use an 18 pack of beer, cept I quit drinking  alcohol 20+ yrs ago
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Just returned from 18 days in Hawaii.  5 Islands.  Lots of fun.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Welcome home, John. Tony, I'm sympathetic.
TEAM SMART