What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

In between working and new model launches, i've been shopping for a new house, not finding much that suits me or my budget.  

So this morning I went for breakfast with my hot rod biddies.

The bloke who owns this car is nicknamed 'Scotty', there's a link to the upholstery.   Both he and the car are on the way back to Scotland.

The red '35 Coupe has looked exactly like this since the early 1960s.  It was one of the first cars in Oz to wear US mags.

A nice clean pair.

Kim's deuce has covered a lot of ground since being recently finished.

Billy ran out of paint and couldn't finish the fenders.

It's a great way to start the day on Sunday morning.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

jaybee

Carps, one of the things I like about your Aussie pics is that the cars down there seem to be less prone to the belly button syndrome. Not that all the cars here look the same, but sometimes it seems that way.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

butch27

Raking leaves and the 2 stroke won't start for vacuuming.

enjenjo

Frank Got the bottom of his trailer frame painted so we flipped it right side up today. Now I can weld the top, and start installing the side frames.

I also am about finished installing the floor deck on Josh's shed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Going to a retirement seminar tonight with a colleague . I am within enough years in my pension plan that it is suggested that I attend .

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"Frank Got the bottom of his trailer frame painted so we flipped it right side up today. Now I can weld the top, and start installing the side frames.

I also am about finished installing the floor deck on Josh's shed.

Both those projects look pretty sturdy. That trailer frame could be an elephant gap at the zoo corral haha.

Been putting in extra hours lately myself, sure am beat. Will be glad to see the grey TA go into a trailer Friday, my arms are like noodles from that one. Kinda feel like that wacky inflatable flailing arm tube man at this time each year.
Matt

416Ford

Wrapped up my hoist project last night. Chain fall is installed and we can pull engines in the barn now with a cherry picker. We stripped the front sheet-metal off my buddy Vance's car this past weekend and it's ready to pull the engine for some suspension and engine upgrades.

[/url]
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

That is a nice Nova. Between my brothers and I we had 7 of them, two of which were L79s.

We have the rear door frame on frank's trailer, one side welded on, and the other clamped in place.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I spent part of the evening seeing if I have a work bench under the crap. I threw away stuff that is left over from the past projects. I thought about what I was going to do for tailgate latches on the 51. I haven't had an idea that I like yet.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

got my windshield frame and interior window trim and dash out of the T tonight . I will be spending days with a drill and easy outs in the future . Now to remove the doors and start digging into the rust.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I spent part of the evening seeing if I have a work bench under the crap. I threw away stuff that is left over from the past projects. I thought about what I was going to do for tailgate latches on the 51. I haven't had an idea that I like yet.

The neatest latch system that I have seen is to put seat belt buckles on the bedsides & the "male" side of the buckle on the tailgate .... :idea:

Just a thought ...  :0-0

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

^^^^^
Bob, I thought about that. I don't have any latches. All the junk around here is the newer style. I have an idea that I will try tomorrow.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Today I'm resting at home, whew. This year's SEMA-bound project has gone west, and to the guys who went with it... travel safe. Whats in the pics is the result of enormous commitments of a handful of folks, and my contributions are just bodywork and paint shop tasks and maybe some brainstorming here or there.

I'll spare you the tech paragraph but you can sure ask about that. It sounds nasty! The shaker is functional, see air filter in last interior shot. Can you believe they let us in with no boost? Ha ha ha. I'm still loopy from the overtime, excuse please.

Humble beginnings:

As of yesterday:

Matt

58 Yeoman

Okay, what'd you do with the green car?  Fess up, or the dog gets it.

I'd never know it was the same car.  Great job.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Great transformation!
I had to do a little overhaul on my belt sander this evening. It had a dry bearing and the set screw came loose on the drive roller. I'm ready for tomorrow.  :)
TEAM SMART