What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Glen"Tony. I have an electric bead roller if you want to borrow it for the firewall.

kool.  I need material, and idea on design.  

I will fit some card board in place, see what works around the steering box area...

Trying to find all the small bits for transmission shield mount &  then the  sheild for flywheel in place so I can do the  firewall cypher

Also, tig welding it in with silicon bronze wire will reduce warpage.
I did that on my nova firewall which is 22 ga.

I am thinking :  Pop rivets
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Finally found a great RH grill for my car and installed both side tonight. looked a lot better in the dark. Can't wait to see it cleaned up in the day light.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

sirstude

I have a vendor here at work this week so am later that usual leaving.  I got a phone call yesterday just as I was leaving.  My buddy was sitting in front of my house and his battery was low, and how soon am I getting home?  

I expected him in his Duramax, but he was in his 48 Chevy Aero Sedan.  Shaved door handles, both out and in and the power cable fell off the battery.  He could not get out of the car!  

I pulled the emergency cable under the door and it is frozen in place.  He does have a lock to the trunk, but it is up under the car, so lots of fun.  

Anyway, opened the trunk, and got the battery hooked up and opened the door.  He had just grabbed a spare battery with side posts.   He screwed in the post adapters and connected the power cables.  All that was resting on the side of the plastic battery box, and that was what knocked off the cable.

Really don't like shaved door handles, especially inside the car.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

QuoteReally don't like shaved door handles, especially inside the car.

I won't shave inside handles for that reason. I also install charge lugs that can be reached from outside the car so it can be jumped.

I made it back home tonight. I stopped to see WZJunk on the way home.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "sirstude"I have a vendor here at work this week so am later that usual leaving.  I got a phone call yesterday just as I was leaving.  My buddy was sitting in front of my house and his battery was low, and how soon am I getting home?  

I expected him in his Duramax, but he was in his 48 Chevy Aero Sedan.  Shaved door handles, both out and in and the power cable fell off the battery.  He could not get out of the car!  

I pulled the emergency cable under the door and it is frozen in place.  He does have a lock to the trunk, but it is up under the car, so lots of fun.  

Anyway, opened the trunk, and got the battery hooked up and opened the door.  He had just grabbed a spare battery with side posts.   He screwed in the post adapters and connected the power cables.  All that was resting on the side of the plastic battery box, and that was what knocked off the cable.

I got locked inside a car somehow..electrical problem..
  I am sure it happened to others in one of my daily drivers..a Police unit :lol:
   I knew a taxi driver who got locked in the trunk at gunpoint..
he turned off the propane valve which was in there :lol: Taxi quit..Police happened by..he started kicking,banging,screaming..
    Almost as loud as the perp as the cops kept banging his head on the trunk lid as they were yelling at him to stop resisting arrest :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "chimp koose"I used a wheelbarrel to make the recessed portion of the firewall on my Anglia build.
Pics? and if you have some pics of the build, they'd  be nice to check out too. :D .....Or maybe you did and I missed them.
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "chimp koose"I used a wheelbarrel to make the recessed portion of the firewall on my Anglia build.
Pics? and if you have some pics of the build, they'd  be nice to check out too. :D .....Or maybe you did and I missed them.

I went to the TECH heading at the top of this page.  I thought Don Dillard had posted an article on the wheel barrow firewall for his model A, a long time ago, but apparently he did not.  But there is a whole lot of other neat stuff in the tech section.  I especially like the one by Sam Strube titled "Words of Advice on Rodding".  It is like I just found a whole bunch of interesting new stuff to read.  One advantage of getting old is that old stuff you once knew, becomes new again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Mikej

Quote from: "sirstude"I have a vendor here at work this week so am later that usual leaving.  I got a phone call yesterday just as I was leaving.  My buddy was sitting in front of my house and his battery was low, and how soon am I getting home?  

That was one of the first things fixed when I bought my car. Made a couple of mechanical button to operative the door poppers. Suicide doors. Buttons are under the dash.

Mikej

You can hook a charger to the alternator post or starter.

GPster

They're getting harder to find but one thing I found that made a nice recessed firewall is the door off an old style refrigerator ( '50s style with rounded corners) These were the style before magnetic door gaskets  and a lot of people removed the latches so people wouldn't get locked in them (they don't have inside door handles either) and they usually are about 4" deep. Today I took a big step and bought a new battery for the Jeepster. Rural King had a sale on batteries and they had a Group 75 battery with terminals on the top and on the side. It will fit in the Jeepster's battery box and let me use the S10 style battery cables. With the top terminals I'll have somewhere to hook "Jumper Cables" \if I need them. I'm going to pull the spark plugs from my engine and let it just turn over on the battery some. The rear end is up on jack stands so I can put the trans in gear and let everything rotate if it desires. GPster

chimp koose

Purple pickup , I don't know how but I got pictures of some of my stuff on photobucket under the name chimp koose . They are old pictures but show my old Anglia , my T body and my old FED as well as my daily truck . I think my daughter put them  on for me many years ago

Crosley.In.AZ

I've used a wheel barrow (metal type) for a firewall.  I dont see that working on the 1948 Simca.

Oh well,  Piece by piece , it will get done if I live long enough.  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Purple pickup , I don't know how but I got pictures of some of my stuff on photobucket under the name chimp koose . They are old pictures but show my old Anglia , my T body and my old FED as well as my daily truck . I think my daughter put them  on for me many years ago

http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chimpkoose/library/?sort=3&page=1
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Off to Goodland Ks for Fallfest/car show/ bike show. It's usually a good day. Starting off in the fog. :(
TEAM SMART

phat rat

I'm taking off on a trip to check out/buy this. It's a 17 T with 270 Hemi w/trips and a 4spd
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.