What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cword

Susan and I did a long roadster trip to the Jalopy Jam Up in Ontario.

Yesterday an article about the trip was in our local news paper, today the article is on line.

http://driving.ca/ford/auto-news/news/on-the-road-jalopy-jam-up

A lot of folks here know the car, and knew my dad, I hope you enjoy the read.

Mike
--

purplepickup

Sounds like you had great fun Mike. You definitely drive 'em a lot more than parking and sitting next to them. Good to hear you're still putting miles (kilometers) on yours and your dad's cars.

One correction to the article is that the ferry landed in Muskegon, MI...not Ontario....just my anal side showing. :wink:
George

phat46

Quote from: "Cword"Susan and I did a long roadster trip to the Jalopy Jam Up in Ontario.

Yesterday an article about the trip was in our local news paper, today the article is on line.

http://driving.ca/ford/auto-news/news/on-the-road-jalopy-jam-up

A lot of folks here know the car, and knew my dad, I hope you enjoy the read.

Mike

Mike, if you crossed into Canada via the Blue Water Bridge from Port Huron Mi. to Sarnia Canada, which is the logical route from Muskegon to Durham Ont. you passed right in front of my house, I can see the toll booths out my front window! Sounds like a great trip, and I'm sure you saw some great country too.

Charlie Chops 1940

Wish i would have known you were coming through Muskegon, MI, former home of the Whiskey Ridge Special.

Sounds like a great trip.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I spent the day at a local car show with George's purple pickup.  It is a magnet.  Had a lot of fun.  I told everyone I built it myself in two weeks for five hundred dollars. :lol:  I gave George full credit for the build.  I really like driving the truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I got back from Goodland and cleaned up the truck. The front axle and spreader bar were almost solid yellow from grasshoppers.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I spent the day at a local car show with George's purple pickup.  It is a magnet.  Had a lot of fun.  I told everyone I built it myself in two weeks for five hundred dollars. :lol:  I gave George full credit for the build.  I really like driving the truck.

John

kool.

Ol George would talk about the tightness of the cab for him.  As I recall, John , you are a bit taller than George?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

I went to a local free car show today near the KC airport. BIG parking lot with a lot of cars. I had a good time and took quite a few pictures. There was a little bit of everything there. Street rods to rat rods, street machines to restorations, late models and imports. I even saw 2 cars set up for those stereo competitions. There were two 1970 Cougars there. I talked a little with both owners. One of them brought all 3 of his children home from the hospital in the back seat of his Cougar Eliminator. We had a great talk because my oldest son came home for the first time in the back seat of my 1969 Cougar.

I also had a long talk with a guy who home installed an LS-architecture 6.0L in his Chevy...right down to reworking his wiring harness and doing his own tune on the computer. Smart guy, and he was quite proud to be asked about his beat up car. He's had his Impala for 21 years and it was his daily driver for a long time, so obviously it's like a comfortable pair of shoes for him.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I spent the day at a local car show with George's purple pickup.  It is a magnet.  Had a lot of fun.  I told everyone I built it myself in two weeks for five hundred dollars. :lol:  I gave George full credit for the build.  I really like driving the truck.

John

kool.

Ol George would talk about the tightness of the cab for him.  As I recall, John , you are a bit taller than George?

Hey there is plenty of room in that cab. I once rode passenger in it.

Course it took me TWO trys to get in, on the first try my legs cramped :lol:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

jaybee

Mike, awesome story about your trip. I enjoyed reading it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Carnut

Quote from: "kb426"I got back from Goodland and cleaned up the truck. The front axle and spreader bar were almost solid yellow from grasshoppers.

http://carnut.com/show/15/gld/roll.html

http://carnut.com/show/15/gld/gldp1.html

Crosley.In.AZ

one of those mornings on sunday.  At kitchen sink, turn water on.  Hmmmm, water comes out where it should not on the head of this single stalk, pull out hose setup.

I test it, thread the spray head off. Check again.  Yep, hose is bad. Wife gets instructions out.... then we learn the instructions are for many models, do not list any model numbers.  Bought in march 2014

Off to Lowes. Talk to the guy there. Walk over to the faucet section point out the  Moen  unit we bought last year.  He rips open the box of a new faucet.  hands me the hose.  Asks if I need anything else.  Dang good service, no 3rd degree, no forms to fill out.

i am purty sure the guy worked there. He had the blue apron on.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Mostly finished with shock mounts , a little clean up machining and they are done !

Cword

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Wish i would have known you were coming through Muskegon, MI, former home of the Whiskey Ridge Special.

Sounds like a great trip.

Charlie

Charlie, I'll be back.  We did this trip on a last minute whim. I got home to Calgary from driving the marching band to Indianapolis at 10:30 Monday evening, and we headed out 9:30 Tuesday morning in the roadster.

I didn't take time to figure out who I might be able to visit along the way, just jumped in the car and booked it.

If we do it again in the next year or so we'll be spending more time along the way.

Phat46, Yes that's the route we took, and I am planning for a "next time"!
--

Cword

Quote from: "river1"

Hey there is plenty of room in that cab. I once rode passenger in it.

Course it took me TWO trys to get in, on the first try my legs cramped :lol:

Jim can fit into most anything! If not just run with the door open ;-)
--