What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Just got back from las vegas today. Took in the car show that Rrumbler put me on to in boulder. I was pleased to see that most of the rods at the show were using a unisteer system . Makes me feel good about putting my own version in the T coupe .Nobody that was using them had any complaints about them contrary to info you get from the internet .Talked to a guy with an A coupe that had unisteer and his only negative comment was that it takes a bit more effort to turn the wheels when stopped. Also  , his coupe has wire wheels ,pinstripes and interior exactly the same colour which looked great. That is what I have been planning for my car so it was nice to see how finished it looks in person. Saw a neat 68 caddy with a grafted on 65 Riviera nose in bare metal. Rrumbler and Enjenjo , sorry I didn't get a chance to meet with you , maybe next time.

WZ JUNK

I visited my friend Doug Lee today.  http://propan.net/  He is recovering from surgery but he still gets a lot done.  Here is a picture of one of two seats he made for his current car project.  A lot of the seat will be covered with padding and upholstery.  Much of what you see will be hidden.  It will be supported by a system of levers and gas shocks so that it will float much like an air ride seat.  The car is an amazing piece of work.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

My new seat covers came in yesterday for the 63 Galaxie, now all I need is time to install them.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I did about 1 hour of blasting on the front sheet metal on the 51. My friend and neighbor of 35 years passed away today. More than a little sadness while I work.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

sorry to hear of your friend . I spent some quality time with my mill today , shock mounts are coming along nicely , they aught to look like they belong on the space shuttle when done .

enjenjo

Packing to leave for home tomorrow. I have more to take back than I came with LOL
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Repaired a nasty crack in my garage floor that went from side to side & completely through the slab .. :shock:
 Used sand to fill the "voids" below the crack & used Quikcrete to fill the top inch & a half of the crack.. I found that I am worse working with cement than I am with plastic filler for body work ...  :oops:  

I think that I will stick to spreading fertilizer ...I have been told that I excel doing that .. :?  :?  :roll:  :?:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

spent more quality time with the mill today. With a little clearancing these shock mounts should work to mount my coilovers to the front axle without wanting to turn outward due to spring pressure . I have built them with a flange that rests against the front side of the axle to prevent them from turning out. Wanted to make a bolt on part rather than weld a mount to the axle.

Crosley.In.AZ

Set 327 & glide  into my Simca.  

Need to built interior & firewall sheet  metal.  Should be interesting learning experience..... Not

Built shift cable bracket at trans. Noting bolted on correctly, I fixed that
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Tony. I have an electric bead roller if you want to borrow it for the firewall.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Tony. I have an electric bead roller if you want to borrow it for the firewall.

kool.  I need material, and idea on design.  

I will fit some card board in place, see what works around the steering box area...

Trying to find all the small bits for transmission shield mount &  then the  sheild for flywheel in place so I can do the  firewall cypher
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

I used a wheelbarrel to make the recessed portion of the firewall on my Anglia build.

416Ford

Not today but this weekend. Wrapped up the wood siding on the inside of my pole barn. Hoping to get the hoist up this weekend or next.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Glen"Tony. I have an electric bead roller if you want to borrow it for the firewall.

kool.  I need material, and idea on design.  

I will fit some card board in place, see what works around the steering box area...

Trying to find all the small bits for transmission shield mount &  then the  sheild for flywheel in place so I can do the  firewall cypher

Also, tig welding it in with silicon bronze wire will reduce warpage.
I did that on my nova firewall which is 22 ga.

58 Yeoman

I removed the front seat from the Galaxie, then the two backrests, then took the bottom cover off the seat. (I checked the colors when the box arrived). I pulled the seat cover from the box to install on the seat, and discovered that it is a rear seat backrest cover. :shock:

I called the company and told them about it. I sent in a picture of the cover that they sent, and the woman at the other end forwarded it to the vendor who supplies the covers.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

It took me a couple more hours to do one side of the seatback.  I have to use my chrome trim on the seatbacks (there are four each seat), and of course, I broke one of the push nuts.  I finally found something to use in its' place.  Looks to be good quality covers.  I'll do the other side tomorrow.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil