What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochie

Mike, if you're planning a "next time" make it a week earlier and come join us for the ELTA Summer Bash in London. You could've stopped on your way home this year and we would have had a welcoming party for you!!!

416Ford

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm taking off on a trip to check out/buy this. It's a 17 T with 270 Hemi w/trips and a 4spd

That's cars got a little bit of everything going there does't it. Looks nice thou.
Hows your hat going to stay on?   :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat rat

I'll just wear a ball cap when driving. It's now on my trailer. Just under 48 hrs from when I left home I was there driving it. I didn't let any grass grow under the wheels of the truck. The car was in far N.W. Mt about 15-20 mi. from the Idaho border. So I'm at my sons in Kalispell right now
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

This goes back a couple days.  Sunday, we decided to take our bicycles for a ride on a local canal towpath (we had bought these last year, but never had the chance to take them out).  The ride was nice, but stuffing those two bikes into the topper on the Ranger proved to a bit much.  We saw a car parked there with a great carrier where the bike wheels fit into loops, then a clamp to hold them in place.

When we got home, I looked online to see how much.  WOW! $200 and up.  Looked on craigslist and found a used one in Springfield, IL for $80.  Hmmm, $80 for the carrier and $20 for gas, I'm still ahead, although its a hundred miles one way.  Nice day for a ride.  I drove the two lanes, as I had plenty of time for the 12:15 arrival they wanted.  Picked it up and decided to take the Interstates back home to save a half hour travel time.

I'm  on  I-155 coming into Morton where it meets I-74, but the construction detours me east to Morton, and make a crossover (essentially a U-turn) to the westbound lane to head towards home.  I decided to take the two lane back home to avoid the construction going on.  I passed the Ford dealer in Morton and spotted a 2012 Ford Escape.  We've been looking for a newer car.

Turned out to be a lease turn-in with 34k miles and loaded, and the price was right.  I drove it home and showed my wife.  We drove it back and bought it, and she loves it. (Happy Birthday Chris).

I guess the Karma started on Sunday when we went for the bike ride on bikes we hadn't ridden since we bought them last year.  One thing led to another, and we were meant to get that car. :D
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Phat46, Yes that's the route we took, and I am planning for a "next time"![/quote]

If you come back this way let me know, I would like to meet you, buy you lunch and show you some local sites if you have time, oh yeah, get a ride in that roadster too!  :D I am right at the bridges, just stay to the right of the bridge exit, stop at the light make a right, right at first corner, you're in front of my house.

wayne petty

http://i.imgur.com/RmKX6tR.jpg

this says it all ..  and i try hard to be understanding of people i know..

enjenjo

I am finally getting back in the swing of things. I got the parts in for my band saw while I was gone, so I put that back together. I also repaired a broken hinge on Shelby's rear window.

Monday I picked up the tail housing for the 31 Chevy T5, today I massaged some welds I had done, and installed the VSS, tailshaft bushing, shifter detent, and seal. After that I rebuilt the shift tower, so I can do final assembly tomorrow.

Then this evening Josh and I tore down two 8.8 Ford rear ends so we can switch gears in them so he has what he wants in the Mustang he is building now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Josh and I set up the rear end for his car, he installed it today. I finished putting the T5 together too.

Frank III and I are building an enclosed trailer for his business, I ordered the steel for it, should be in wednesday.

jaybee

Getting ready to go on vacation. San Antonio Tue/Wed/Thu nights, Austin over the weekend, and a long pull back to KC on Monday.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

I spent the day wire wheeling the rust off the model T inner body frame. I have evaporust and por15 but I cant bring myself to painting over rust so  I am going to remove the most of it with wire wheels then evaporust , then do the por15  routine . I have a lot of work to do before I put floors in this thing.

chimp koose

I also made a kijiji score . I found just the heads I have been thinking of for my T engine . Patriot freedom series , 188 cc intake port ,64cc chamber should put me just over 10:1 with decent squish. I will be running a ,470 lift solid lifter cam and a quadrajet . I want to run 12s in street trim.Might need a 1.6 rocker to get me there.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"I spent the day wire wheeling the rust off the model T inner body frame. I have evaporust and por15 but I cant bring myself to painting over rust so  I am going to remove the most of it with wire wheels then evaporust , then do the por15  routine . I have a lot of work to do before I put floors in this thing.

Don't put anything under the POR15. Apply it to the rusty metal after wire brushing it and using metal prep. POR15 is made to stick to "tight" rust, and if cleaned properly you can bend it 90 degrees without losing adhesion. POR15 actually extracts the water from the remaining rust to effect the cure, and then seals the dry rust so it can't absorb any water. If you want to do two coats, do the second coat before the first coat has cured completely, within 12 to 24 hours. Other wise you need to sand the first coat. Humidity actually accelerates the cure.

chimp koose

Thanks enjenjo! saved me again.I just started removing the doors last night so I have better access when its time to make floors .

Charlie Chops 1940

I picked up a couple sets of '32 rails at K-zoo. Did a perimeter frame for an old pal and sent that home yesterday.

Set my rails in the jig right after. Have it set for width and welded the front cross member in and inch forward. I'm  building another roadster pickup, '28/29 highboy,  out of mostly left-overs. I-beam with split bones, 406 long rod SBC, TKO 500 5 speed, narrowed 9" on a transverse spring with a flattened '40 rear cross member and '35/36 rear bones with a 3rd link. A 4" door stretch and maybe a rear 1/4 stretch if the 4" isn't enough.

Cab will be moved forward enough to just fit in the SBC with a little bump in the firewall. That looks like it will eliminate the need for a frame pinch. Hoping to achieve good proportions with about 110"wheelbase and a 50-52" box, all on a standard length frame.

This has been swirling around in the back of my head ever since the '26 track roadster pick-up proved too small for me for the long haul.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Charlie, I like the sound of all that. What grille shell are you planning on?
TEAM SMART