What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Sorry to hear about your mother, too. Life will do that to you every time.  My MIL died in early April, then my wife's younger son was caught in the earthquake in Nepal, and we didn't hear from him for almost four days. It was really hard on my wife.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. I hope it works out. My Dad is 94 and has gone down hill a lot in the last two years. He had a knee replaced last winter, and is still dealing with a case of shingles he got about a year ago. He thought he didn't need the vaccine, he was wrong.

Went to a circle track race tonight, 1/2 mile asphalt. Car count was real low, if you showed up, you made the feature. Not real exciting.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Another full day of body work for me. It hurts to be this boring. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to read about your mom phat..

been strange , stressful here too. A good friend and former neighbors been having health problems.

Carol's health has been poor for yrs.  Recent hospital visits the last 90 days. Infections, treatments & antibiotics caused her some problems... In physical  rehab, out of rehab because of bad condition, low response.

Jim's health tumbled a couple yrs ago from his smoking. Heart going bad, fast rate, slow rate, skips... his Lungs gone. COPD , oxygen 24-7, lung trans plant suggested, even with bad heart.

So, when I received the fone call from their son, I figured the mom had passed.... Nope.    Dad (Jim) had died sometime saturday, in his sleep.

The kicker?  Their son was in Calliefornia for his father in law's funeral when his dad passed.  The son is an only child.  Now he needs to get his mom in a care home, which was in the works by his dad.

Count your blessings,  keep moving forward day by day.  All we can do I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

junkdriver....  nice cars.   I really like Fairlanes.  We owned a few Elcaminos yrs ago, couple big block powered ones too.  Not that nice as yur photos.
Tony

bucketmouth

I'm going to have a look at the steering on my coupe and see if I can get more steering lock out of it. While the Uni Steer is easy to fit and handles beautifully some more steering lock would make it excellent.

Sorry to hear about everyone's health concerns it's also been a bad news week on several fronts on my side too. Hopefully time in the garage will take my thoughts of it for awhile.

A better day for all of us today.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

I fabricated a shift lever today, it tapers from 5/8" to 3/8" over 23" I can't set my tailstock over on my lathe, so it took a while to figure out the angles to set the compound.

I also modified a shift tower to move the lever forward 1 1/4" Not a lot, but enough to make a difference.

Crosley.In.AZ

Fired up the 327 today.  The AFR alloy heads, I have owned for over 15 yrs. This is the first time they have run on an engine.  LOL

Engine run in stand I built in recent months.   Wires are simplly taped in place for now.  Will finish since I know it works now

Engine is for my 1948 Simca.

https://youtu.be/nOuYCWcC3so
Tony

Glen

good to see progress....how is the body and chassis coming along?

kb426

Tony, when you have a lazy moment, fire up the engine to get a "pick me up" . Progress is progress. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"good to see progress....how is the body and chassis coming along?

That is all stalled at the moment. Lack of talent and car money  :shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, when you have a lazy moment, fire up the engine to get a "pick me up" . Progress is progress. :)

yes , it is.  My intake manifold leaks at each end.  I used Gasket Maker grey silicone. I did not think it skinned over, but it must have. Leaks at sillicone and bottom of intake.

One v-cover dripped too.  That is why I built this engine run stand, for longer run in , while I watch.
Tony

Glen

The Ford Motorcraft TA-31 sealant is amazing stuff.  I like using it for intake manifolds and rear center sections.

chimp koose

Today I am going to the wrecker to get a rear drivers side window for my 92 chev 1/2 ton . Someone tried to steal it AGAIN . this is the third time . I think I need another steering column as well , this one got smashed .

enjenjo

I have to replace the reversing switch on my mill, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to wire it. I'll do some more studying, and try again tomorrow.

In the mean time I had to turn an odd shaped piece in the lathe, and had no way to mount the four jaw chuck. So I held the four jaw in the three jaw, and chucked the part in that. I ran it at low speed, and had no problems.