What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I wish I had something good to post. I'll be working on fenders on the 51 until further notice. :)
TEAM SMART

Carps

Packing my bags, headed for the NSRA Nationals, departing for St Louis on Friday, will be driving Mike Keeh's 41 Chevy Sedan Delivery from there.
 Hope to catch up with a few of my old RRT pals whilst we're there, so dont wander too far from the usual spot.  I'll be in the St Louis Street Rod Assoc tent when I'm not somewhere else, which is likely to be more often than not.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Beck

Quote from: "purplepickup"I had that problem too until I put a HF driveway alert sender next to the hole so when he comes out the receiver goes off in the house or garage and I have time to get the gun.

I used a motion detector from a dusk to dawn light mounted at the skunk hole. They would hear the relay click in the sensor and pop back inside the hole. I kept getting the indication, but no skunk would come out.

I had a real "Mouse Trap" game type setup. The motion sensor would trip a solenoid. The solenoid was connected to a concrete block, tied to a cord. The cord went through a loop at the bottom of a garbage can full of water. The cord continued to a large treble fishing hook inside the skunk hole. The goal was to hook the skunk and pull it to the bottom of a barrel of water to drown it, all without making a stink.

Needless to say it DID NOT WORK at all. It did entertain the neighbors.

Beck

I haven't seen my current skunk, but oh I smell he is near. I think the neighbors dog is causing it to spray. I don't know where it is calling home. There are a few options in others yards. If I could find his house, you would find me nearby at dusk with the .22.

Beck

The heat isn't quite as bad today as yesterday. The heat index yesterday afternoon here was 122.
I have not been working in the garage.

idrivejunk

Recent eye candy for the round table:

Seems like I showed a glimpse of this car previously here, but it was a job brought in pieces then assembled at home by the owner. They did a great job. I didn't touch this one. Anyway, if memory serves me someone here wanted to see it finished. It came in for touch ups today and the clouds were right for pics so wow... I enjoy just looking at it. Razor sharp car with a 289 and Cragars. Perfect.

Hang on, brethren I've got some more fresh muscle to show...

I did plenty on this '68 Camino. Everything but drive it home, ha ha. I wish, bad! I did some rust work early on in the project, and hung most of the metal, glass, chrome. Came out very nice and whew, shes a runner too!

Thats another OZ interior, nice as always!

Heres my current job (I'm still bodyworking parts)- 72 T/A with LS7 on Roadster Shop frame.

Thats all, just had the camera out and wanted to share. I don't post a whole bunch but do follow along. My life is all this stuff right now, not much else. Glad to be part of that shop and this board.
Matt

kb426

Good pics. I had a 64 Fairlane sport coupe with a hipo 289 and 4 speed about a hundred years ago. Mine didn't look as good as your pics. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

You guys turn out some nice work.

I am still gathering parts for the transmission I am building. It is getting real hard to find some of this stuff. I am waiting on one gear yet, it should be here monday. Then I will have all the pieces to design the adapter. I better take some pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Thanks guys, I'll pass along the good words!
Matt

jaybee

Those are some VERY sharp cars. I'd love to have either one...and of course I always enjoy project pics.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rrumbler

Nice cars.  Love that El Camino, always one of my favorites.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

58 Yeoman

I like the 64 Fairlanes better than the 63's, as they look more like the 63 Galaxie.

You/your shop does very nice work.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm watching my grandsons in Raleigh N.C. while their parents are on a business trip to S.C. My brother called from Michigan yesterday to tell me my mother is in ICU. She is 90, with a failing heart and there's nothing that can be done now. I can't leave here till Sunday. Funny how things work out, this trip has been planned nearly a year, one of my other brothers lived in Al. and was home about two weeks ago to see mom, another brother left Thursday to take his daughter to Mississippi for her first job after college. Mom has five kids and only two can be there now.

Beck

Quote from: "phat46"I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm watching my grandsons in Raleigh N.C. while their parents are on a business trip to S.C. My brother called from Michigan yesterday to tell me my mother is in ICU. She is 90, with a failing heart and there's nothing that can be done now. I can't leave here till Sunday. Funny how things work out, this trip has been planned nearly a year, one of my other brothers lived in Al. and was home about two weeks ago to see mom, another brother left Thursday to take his daughter to Mississippi for her first job after college. Mom has five kids and only two can be there now.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
Take the grandson to see his great grandmother? I don't know your grandson's age. That can be a problem in ICU.

phat46

Thanks Beck, we are watching two of them, the plan was to bring the older one back with us for a week, but we can't take the younger one, he has to be here on Monday. Our daughter and son in law can't come back early, he is a partner in a law firm that is doing seminars with employees. They have both met great gramma, but wouldn't be allowed in ICU. My brother just texted that Mom is holding her own for the time being.