What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Great video, how fast was that run?
9.17 if my memory is working.
George

58 Yeoman

Holy crap.  I'm stripping the clear coat off my Ranger wheels because of the corrosion.  That stuff sticks on pretty well where you don't want it to stick.  I think I'll have to take the two rear wheels off the old Pontiac (Merc rearend) and use them on the truck while I do two at a time.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

sirstude

Thanks George.  That is all I can coax out of my Impala in the 1/8th.  As Hooley has been known to say "Man, what a ride"

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

My 1962 Falcon will run in the 9.70s in the 1/8 mile.  I get longer track time than Hooley.

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

After a couple hours cleaning, an hour sand blasting, another hour deburring, I was removing a counter shaft bearing from a T5 case, and cracked the front of the case. Spoiled the whole day. I had to dig out another one, and start all over. I did get the slug for the VSS machined, and modified the input shaft to fit a Chevy.

I also spent some time making an extension for the tongue of my little trailer so I can haul long lumber on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I stripped the other two wheels today.  I painted the first two with Rustoleum wheel paint (argent), but they looked one dimensional, as the originals had the holes highlighted.  So I bought some graphite paint and painted the 'holes', then clear coated them.  Look better.  I got them all done, then changed oil and filter in the Subie and rotated the tires.

Glad that's all done.

Phil

kb426

Frank, you and I go to the same place sometimes. :)
TEAM SMART

Beck

George,
Thanks for the video. I wish I would have gone.

Tom

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Beck"George,
Thanks for the video. I wish I would have gone.

Tom

Tom,

Come to the Hamb Drags again.  About the same distance for you and we hope to run the Henry J again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Took my first stab at bead rolling ha ha. Shh, I just acted like I knew what I was doing. Turned out sufficent, good enough for a battery tray delete cover in an el Camino. First time I used my anvil, too. Just got that. It was my grandpa's. A 207 pounder with defect so no ring, but also over a century old. You guys would probably rather see the anvil, wouldn't ya? I felt honored to bring a hammer down on it and be the 3rd gen to use it.

Also had a long-term body project milestone today, they got the 73 Pontiac body shell painted Cyber gray (off newer Vettes). This thing ain't four feet tall when on it's paws.

Matt

58 Yeoman

Looks really good.  Is that bed liner inside?  I like that too.

Phil

idrivejunk

Thanks, its this stuff. The ceramic insulation and sound control products.

http://www.lizardskin.com/
Matt

idrivejunk

Hokey Smoke, today ain't over... I just got linked to this:

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1507-granddads-1941-ford-truck-might-embarrass-your-muscle-car/

Thats last year's project, woohoo! I did a lot of bodywork on it as part of the team.
Matt

enjenjo

Nice truck. I remember some pictures you posted last year. How many zeros was there in that bill. :D

enjenjo

I got the second case cleaned, blasted, and deburred, installed the new bearings, no problem. I started assembly.

I broke my T50 Torx bit, again, removing the reverse pivot bolt, so I went to the parts store to get another one. He told me this one had a lifetime warrantee. "So". I asked, "if I bring it back you'll replace it?" "No", he told me, " if you bring it back, we'll kill you". I bought it any way