What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I hadn't seen one of these before, or at least hadn't noticed them but its a new arrival at the shop. "Get it running" deal to start with anyway. Snapped this for Dad, he had a 36 or 8 biz coupe and is a 37 model himself. This caught my eye because flush lamps but its a 39 sedan and all there but a little rough. I can dig.

Matt

enjenjo

This one is from american pickers

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Today we celebrated the life of Leroi 'Tex' Smith.  And what a celebration it was, Tex would have enjoyed it like he did everything in life.

I'll stick a pic or three up in the thread bearing his name. later.

FWIW, the American Picker's Plymouth is a '41 model.

And my mirror has this strange lookin' weird skinny guy in it.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

I sold my 53 Chevy truck today. I gave him an outrageous price, and he took it.

Charlie Chops 1940

Exciting day yesterday. Sold and delivered my louver press and cut the lawn. Today was power wash the deck and get the furniture out. Haven't worked on a car in a week or so.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Frank, was this the truck you were working on a few years ago?
TEAM SMART

BFS57

Hello;
Trying to post photo of my 57 dash Hope it works. I saw the file name.

Bruce

416Ford

It worked Bruce I see a dash.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, was this the truck you were working on a few years ago?

No, this was another one I bought out west about 10 years ago, and never touched. I have a couple more projects that I am thinking of letting go.

kb426

I understand the "letting go" part. it takes a serious love affair to dedicate the time and effort at the stage of life I'm at. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I understand the "letting go" part. it takes a serious love affair to dedicate the time and effort at the stage of life I'm at. :)

I am finding that there are other things with my family that are occupying my time.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"I understand the "letting go" part. it takes a serious love affair to dedicate the time and effort at the stage of life I'm at. :)

I am finding that there are other things with my family that are occupying my time.

I know the feeling.  I haven't worked on the Pontiac in almost 10 or 12 years.  I've been thinking of selling it, but it's all apart.  Don't know if I sell it, should it be complete or part it out?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

I bought my Jeepster a week after I got out of the hospital in October of '93. I did work on a part of it yesterday, I did some trimming on the oak "hammer form" for my replacement gauge panel/dash board.I didn't like the way the panel fit into the cowl and I (hopefully) thought that looking at it would be a distraction if I ever got to drive it. It has become my namesake (GPster) and has become my identity (scared, misshapen, weak,slow). Although I check weekly for cars For Sale in the area I can only drive one car at a time I'll probably keep things as they are. It gives me something to talk about. GPster

enjenjo

Today was carburetor day. A guy brought over a Brigs and Stratton carb, he bought a kit, but the parts wouldn't fit. Come to find out the new parts had metric threads, and the carburetor was Imperial threads. Rethread the new parts and it went together fine.

Later another fellow brought over the carburetor from a Honda XR80 that would run on either but not by itself. It turned out the emulsion tube was plugged by a small stone. I cleaned that and reassembled it and it ran fine. I had to drill the stone out, it was really wedged in there.

I also am about finished stripping this Sable I bought. I have to pull the heater and ac box out of it, and I can start cutting it up.

Crosley.In.AZ

Killed about 25 scorpions tonite.  Couple of them had babies on their back. Must be breeding time
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)