What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Crosley"[Hmmm, wonder how she knew it did not use oil , if the oil level was not checked?

It didn't smoke?

Dont have to smoke to use oil. Oh well.  Life lesson number 47835097473654. More to come
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

speaking of oil......she could have 2 gallons on hand if you add one of these.  just about done, still have two more lines to run.

kb426

I plumbed a dirt track car years ago with a dry sump. The bill on everything was a grand. I can imagine that just the dry sump wasn't pocket change at any place.
TEAM SMART

Glen

Its a five stage pump $1500 in hose and fittings only

Look close the oil filter housing also works as a primer

enjenjo

Pulled the engine on the Sable for Shelby's car, and did some brake work on a 37 Ford pickup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I changed 2 tires on the Dakota this morning and then started tracing wires on the 51's cruise control. I had to remove about half of the wiring in the dash. The power lead was one that had a junction with 4 wires connected. I cut the wrong one when I striped the harness. The rest of the wires have been checked for continuity as has the switches. Next time out I'll find out if it works. This wasn't a fun way to spend the day. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Had a trailer given to our deer camp to haul a 275 gal. water tank to town to get water for camp. It was free so of course it needed some work, new tires among other things. One side had two studs broken off and  the other three lug nuts rounded off. On the other side the lugs came right off. We took off the hub on the bad side and I chiseled the three remaining lugs off and drove out the studs....yup they are left hand thread.  :) got new studs ordered at the local NAPA, they actually got out the paper catalog and found them, kind of odd they had no knurling. I got right had thread on the new ones.

WZ JUNK

My son bought me a quad copter with a camera for my birthday.  It takes photos and video and it cost less than $50.  I have had some experience flying another quad that I bought a year ago.  The pictures are not high quality but they are good enough.  I took a photo of me, but when I downloaded the photo it was one of some old gray hair man.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat rat

John, at least that's only a camera. I've got a mirror that every time I look in it there's this old guy looking out at me, kinda spooky.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"John, at least that's only a camera. I've got a mirror that every time I look in it there's this old guy looking out at me, kinda spooky.

Same here. * mirrors. Odd thing fur sure
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "phat rat"John, at least that's only a camera. I've got a mirror that every time I look in it there's this old guy looking out at me, kinda spooky.

QuoteSame here. * mirrors. Odd thing fur sure

Be thankful ....MY mirror shows a BALD old guy... :shock:    But it's strange ...  When Mrs Ugly tries it , the same 20 year old cutie appears .... :?  :?  8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Crosley"

QuoteSame here. * mirrors. Odd thing fur sure

Be thankful ....MY mirror shows a BALD old guy... :shock:    But it's strange ...  When Mrs Ugly tries it , the same 20 year old cutie appears .... :?  :?  8)

Bob.... :wink:

Amazing how that works isn't it?

phat rat

Been over run with chipmunks this summer so I declared open season on them. I'm using a variation of the bucket mouse trap of Georges. It's the bucket with ramp, water with sunflower seed covering it plus my 22 rifle. The last week and a half has seen the end of at least 3 dozen. Just since Fri afternoon the buckets have accounted for 22 of them and the rifle claimed 2 an hour ago. Oh and I checked and none of them were named Alvin

kb426

phat rat, did you get rid of Simon, Theodore and Alvin? :)
That's a serious total. If you're only getting a small percentage, how many are left?
TEAM SMART

phat rat

There's plenty more, I live on 15 acres of woods. I'm only getting those around the house. We haven't had a cat since 2000 and they've really multiplied, so it was time to thin them out. They have holes in the yard and all over the wifes flower gardens