What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Spent the day trying to organize my new tool box. I almost have one drawer done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Hi Glenn,a friend of mine had a similar problem with his altered. 632 BBC 7.30s 183MPH . losing oil pressure at the stop after burnout and again in the lights at top end. the more oil you put in the better but you have to worry about aeration after a while. Oil was getting trapped in the heads and not getting back to the pan.external drain holes from heads to pan helped . When you try to picture pouring 12 quarts of oil past the stroker crank and aluminum rods in that packed crankcase it would be tough to do in a few seconds even with the engine shut off.When all that hardware is spinning @ 7 to 8K RPM and accelerating that fast it is next to impossible. An accusump was used but can only do so much.He had nowhere to put a dry sump at that time as there was a complete cooling system in the car. He has since lengthened the wheelbase and now has room for the dry sump.

purplepickup

I just got off the phone with enjenjo and he asked what I'd been up to.  I realized I've got enough things going on that a few posts here might be in order...not much car related though.

Besides getting the garden in yesterday and today (late spring here...frost just a few days ago), I've been replacing the roof on my garden shed and adding a side roof to keep junk out of the weather. I've been putzing around with it for a couple of weeks.  Today I hope to at least finish the steel. I still have to strip the old roofing off the other side and add nailer boards so we'll see how it goes.

Also, Sue picked up her new car this spring. She's proud :D
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Nice job George, now get back to the woods where ya belong! :lol:
Oh, and stop by my place on your trip north.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

We just returned from a trip up in the Dakotas.  I took a picture of a road sign I liked.  This is not a photoshop or a made up art work project but a real road sign that I photographed.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

The 47 Dodge on it's way to it's new home. I couldn't develop a love affair.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

A bit of work on my Simca project.

327 reassembled.  Need to run check on valves, guide plates, pushrod length... yada yada

Still have not found my balancer install tool.  I bought another one for sbc only.  I've got 3 sbc to build any way.

About half finished with wheel tubs for Simca.  i put this job off way too long.  Last set of tubs I built was in 1983, in a 1969 Camaro.

the 327 engine saga:  I traded a friend a   transmission for the short block. 12-1 pistons, crower rods, gapless rings, yada yada.  A good running engine for fun.

2 head bolt holes stripped out.  I fixed them.  Then 2 more ripped out on other side, bad.  Had to find another block.  The first block may be repairable, opinions differ.

Heads are AFR 190cc aluminum , I bought 15+ yrs ago for a 383 cid engine in my 1971 chev truck. Never ran these heads.  The 383 has never been fired since it was freshened up with new crank, bearings, cam , 15 yrs ago ....  i'm a bit slow at projects the last 20 yrs.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"i'm a bit slow at projects the last 20 yrs.
Is that Crosley takes a long time to put things together or It takes a long time to put Crosleys together? I worked more on my Jeepster before I had the nerve to drive again. GPster

enjenjo

I finally got my new garage door working. It took three sets of springs, and two sets of cable drums, but I now have the right combination. Now on to the opener.

I tore down Shelby's engine yesterday, crank is bad, two rods are bad, the wrist pins are semi-seized, the cams have bad bearing surfaces, it's going to take over a grand in parts to fix it. I am now looking for a good used engine. A Taurus engine will work by changing the intake, and the timing cover, and low mileage engines are cheaper than Escape/Tribute engines.

Glen

deleted.....need to edit pics first....too large

chimp koose

picked up a new 8 inch Detroit locker with 3.88 gears and new rear brakes , drums. shoes .wheel cyl and hardware with axles and housing for the T today.A buddy is changing direction on a turbo 2.3 project. Instead of putting it into a pinto it will be going into a 87 ranger flareside.I made him an adapter to turn the turbo intake to the front instead of going over the valve cover and it now sports a throttle body from a 5L mustang.

Carps

Been keeping busy with work and related stuff, finally took some 'me' time today and spent it with a bunch of non hot rodder car clubbers at Sandown Park Motor Racing Circuit.

Got my orange car up to just over 250km/h (157mph) near the top of fifth gear on the long back straight.  Kinda fun and good that it has great brakes.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

sirstude

Fixed the cheap door hardware at my son's house.  Then we went to see James Bond, Goldfinger at the theater.  They show old movies a couple of days a week.  Sure wish I could get my hands on all the cars in the background in that movie.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I picked up a car today for the engine to replace Shelby's. 2002 Sable with 81,000 miles. $500, light front hit. It starts and runs fine, trans works. I should be able to sell some parts to reduce costs.