What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Glen, hurricane proof? :) Paint or rust?
TEAM SMART

Glen

Rust....the gates have already rusted up nicely

I should get a free concrete stain out of it too as the pergola starts to drip rain water onto the patio below.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"How a car guy does home improvement:

The arched I beams are 14" tall and the post I beams are 6x6.  The J bolts are 1" and the cross bars on top are 2x4's that are capped on the ends

you might recall I have the big gates to match:

looks good.  I'm still waiting on the call back about visiting yur new place

:wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Glen, that looks great and should last a while. Did you arch rhe beams yourself?

Glen

Quote from: "phat46"Glen, that looks great and should last a while. Did you arch rhe beams yourself?

No, I lucked out....a friend runs a construction company that builds malls etc.  Someone bought those beams for a project they never completed.  He sold me the beams at scrap price.  The cost to have those beams manufactured and arched would have been silly money.

I hate working with wood and it always rots and falls apart after a few years.

phat46

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "phat46"Glen, that looks great and should last a while. Did you arch rhe beams yourself?

No, I lucked out....a friend runs a construction company that builds malls etc.  Someone bought those beams for a project they never completed.  He sold me the beams at scrap price.  The cost to have those beams manufactured and arched would have been silly money.

I hate working with wood and it always rots and falls apart after a few years.

I asked because my brother in Alabama built a covered entry/carport on his house and used scrap I beams and arched them himself. He used to work at a fab shop that did structural steel for buildings and bridges, he was explaining how he arched the beams and I had never heard of someone doing it.

kb426

"I hate working with wood and it always rots and falls apart after a few years."
I agree 100%. :)
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Quote from: "phat46"Had a very nice evening yesterday, we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and since my daughter and son in law were in town visiting from N.C. We invited them and our older daughter to go with us. When we got to the restaurant our son in law announced that the three of them were paying for dinner and there was no arguing about it. They got champagne and toasted us and insisted on dessert too. Great evening that ended too soon.   :D

Congrats! Makes me wish I met my sweetie a lot earlier..

kb426

I went to Memorial Day services this morning. This afternoon I changed the oil in the 32 and I'm headed to the local cemetery next.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I went over to Josh's house, and helped him blow attic insulation in. It was too windy to load it outside, so I did it in the unfinished living room, I looked like a snow man when I was done.

Yesterday I finished out all the trim, next, carpet and it's done outside of cleanup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went over to Josh's house, and helped him blow attic insulation in. It was too windy to load it outside, so I did it in the unfinished living room, I looked like a snow man when I was done.

Yesterday I finished out all the trim, next, carpet and it's done outside of cleanup.
I thought you'd be out water skying behind that 351W powered 18' boat today. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I went over to Josh's house, and helped him blow attic insulation in. It was too windy to load it outside, so I did it in the unfinished living room, I looked like a snow man when I was done.

I thought you'd be out water skying behind that 351W powered 18' boat today. GPster

Joe, I can barely stand without falling over any more, without trying to water ski.

enjenjo

I took the new garage door apart, made a new filler for the bottom that lets the door set level with my new LEVEL that cost $60. It's kind of neat, made of laminated bamboo with stainless steel edges. Same brand as the last one, Johnson, the last one lasted 45 years.

So now I am setting up the torsion spring shaft. Then I need to install the opener.

I have a scrap boat to haul to the landfill in the morning. It's filled with construction debris from Josh's house.

Crosley.In.AZ

killed 10 scorpions tonight, in back yard, on the block fence.  they multiplied over the winter  ,  I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

you need a chicken.....problem solved and breakfast too.