What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"you need a chicken.....problem solved and breakfast too.

I read cats will kill scorpions too

Couple problem areas.  I dont like chickens or cats.  Although since we put the dog to sleep, we have more cats in the back yard taking a crap.  

One item I read on chickens and scorpions:  Chickens are out in the day, scorpions are out at night.  A conflict.

Although my hearing is gettin worse, one item I hear purty good still is :  neighbor's Chickens... with the hearing aids off.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

[
Quotequote="enjenjo"]The 351 I rebuilt a couple weeks ago. The owner installed it, and could not get it to start. I have spent the last three evenings trying to get it to start, and am having no success. I have verified cam timing, checked the ignition timing, made sure it's getting fuel, made sure it's a reverse rotation camshaft. Still, not a pop. Nothing. Not even a backfire. I am stumped.
[/quote]

Soooo.......  What was the resolution   :?:   Inquiring minds want to know ...... :)

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I went up on the roof to mount my birthday present...an Oregon weather station sending units.  With my hip roof, their mount won't work, so I'll have to hit the hardware store to get something that does.

While I was up there, I cleaned the chimney for the wood burning stove, and tarred a couple places around the ridge vent, then cut the grass.

We're heading to Dairy Queen to get my free Blizzard birthday gift. Yumm...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

All the Maple helicopters are gone, so I cleaned gutters today :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I went up on the roof to mount my birthday present...an Oregon weather station sending units.  With my hip roof, their mount won't work, so I'll have to hit the hardware store to get something that does.

While I was up there, I cleaned the chimney for the wood burning stove, and tarred a couple places around the ridge vent, then cut the grass.

Well crap , Phil.

You have grass on your roof?   I thought Arizona people were wacky
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Crosley
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I went up on the roof to mount my birthday present...an Oregon weather station sending units.  With my hip roof, their mount won't work, so I'll have to hit the hardware store to get something that does.

Well crap , Phil.

QuoteYou have grass on your roof?   I thought Arizona people were wacky[/quote
]

There is a recently built home in a farm setting out west of us that has grass planted on the roof ..... Looks strange from the interstate when you drive by ..
There are MANY buildings , (including City Hall ), in downtown Chicago that have "rooftop gardens" ..

I think it's an "energy" thing ..... :idea:

Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"

Well crap , Phil.

You have grass on your roof?   I thought Arizona people were wacky

Yeah, right...that's all I need is more grass to cut. :lol:

Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"[
Quotequote="enjenjo"]The 351 I rebuilt a couple weeks ago. The owner installed it, and could not get it to start. I have spent the last three evenings trying to get it to start, and am having no success. I have verified cam timing, checked the ignition timing, made sure it's getting fuel, made sure it's a reverse rotation camshaft. Still, not a pop. Nothing. Not even a backfire. I am stumped.

Soooo.......  What was the resolution   :?:   Inquiring minds want to know ...... :)

Bob ..... :wink:[/quote]

The guy with the boat retired, and is in the process of moving, so I have not been back to it.... but.... The previous owner who actually tore it apart tells me that before he tore it apart he had trouble with it quitting at random, slow cranking, and hot restarts. Methinks I have a wiring problem here.

jaybee

The main library in Des Moines has a "green roof" which is covered with living plants. The whole building is actually pretty cool.

A little further south, the moving company delivered the rest of our stuff to our current living quarters. It's way better than the last Kansas City address, but I miss my garage more every week.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Jaybee, do you know anyone there that you can go and help or hangout with? I'm sympathetic to your circumstances.  :(
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Shelby spun a rod in her Mazda Tribute sunday, so now I am rebuilding a 3.0 V6 for it.

Glen

trying to take a little vacation time this week, just me and the dog hanging out.

Finshed Laura's Christmas present today....a chimney cap to match the Pergola I posted last week.....and no, im not going to paint it.

And made a little time for myself converting the Nova to Dry Sump with a 5 Stage Peterson pump.  talk about 10 lbs. in a 5 lb bag.

[/img]

chimp koose

Glen , were you having trouble with oil drainback issues

Glen

Yes, as the times got.lower and After pulling the chutes I was having oil pressure issues.

I sent the engine back to steve in march during the summer break
for a refresh, everything looked like new but I had him replace all the bearings, lifters, rings, head gaskets, valve springs,  valve seals etc.  The motor has been together for four years so I thought it would be good preventive maintenance.

It's so hot here in the summer,  it's like michigan in november.

58 Yeoman

Glen, just a thought on the chimney cover...your mesh might be a bit too small.  I've had and seen mesh like that that gets plugged up.  I had 1/4" square hardware  cloth get almost completely plugged when the weather is just right.

Looks great otherwise.

Phil