What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "sirstude"A couple of pictures of the Olds motor.

That doesn't look like an Olds motor :roll:

Don't rub it in,  I started this project out with a 455 and got talked into the big block.  Pretty much have regretted it since, but not changing again now.

Doug :oops:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rrumbler

Well, it sure ain't anything car related.  Cardiac rehab at 1000, then back to the septic tank repairs.   :shock:  :wink:  :lol:  That is, if I feel like it.  :P
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat rat

Quote from: "sirstude"

Don't rub it in,  I started this project out with a 455 and got talked into the big block.  Pretty much have regretted it since, but not changing again now.

I'll bite. Why the regretts?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "sirstude"

Gee...You can't even tell them its a mid 70's "corporate engine" like I do..... :roll:  :lol:

I too was starting with a 455 & got talked out of it ..... :cry:

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

spent a couple hours on the mill pocket porting the heads for my anglia.

sirstude

The regret is that it would have been ALL Olds then.  Not a big regret, just one all the same.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Cut the wood for the floor of this AD truck. Black walnut.

Pics?   :)

Maybe later today.

Finally took a picture of the floor wood
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I had a day of vacation yesterday. It was a beautiful day for the end of October. I had new tires mounted for the rear of the 32. The 3rd member had a slight leak so I pulled it and put a new gasket and a little silicone on it. I think there is something wrong with the housing but I haven't been able to figure out what. I put it all back together and went for a ride. That truck is a million miles away from great but it never fails to put a smile on my face. Today was another beautiful day. After lunch, I exercised all the bikes including the Taco mini bike. The sun is about to go down and I have good thoughts about the last 2 days. I hope you guys have had good days. It will soon be winter and we'll have less outside stories to tell.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I pulled the floor out of the box on the 32. It was scratched up and had some rust on it. It will get painted this week and should be back in before thursday. I really hadn't planned on this so late in the year but I want to be ready to run without things that look like I should have done a little more work in the fall.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Well, I have cooled off enough to post about it. Yesterday I was installing the corner window in this AD truck cab. I got it in, installed the lock strip, and 2" from the end, the rubber ripped on the weather seal. Not a total disaster, I had enough rubber left for another try. So on the second try, while putting the glass in the rubber, it slipped out of my hands. Luckily I caught it, but not before it took two big chips out of the finish paint!  :shock: I don't think it can be touched up, it will have to be spotted in. I still don't have the lock strip in it, and the center window to go yet.

phat rat

Pulled the motor out of the crew cab today. Getting it ready for the new 489"
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Frank, I have the same kind of stories about glass installation. I don't seem to have the magic touch. I always get it done but not always on the first try. Today I finished stripping the floor panels for the 32. My simple project has grown again. I don't think it will be warm enough to paint for a few days so that gives me some time to get prepared.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Back in the early 90's when I was installing the original w/s in the '58, with a helper inside, I was gently pushing on the outside, when the w/s cracked right down the middle.  Geez...

Yesterday, I pushed all the 'stuff' aside, and parked the '58 in the unfinished shop.  I don't want to spend another winter scraping the snow and ice off the truck.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I pulled the rear end out of the Jag today. A few trim pieces and I am done with it.

I worked on the AC and heater hoses on the AD truck today. I discovered the Caddy engine only has one connection for the heater hose. In the original application, the other hose connected to the right radiator tank. In this truck, that is now the bottom tank, so I am making up a fitting to connect the hose to the bottom tank.

kb426

Frank, that was a surprise.I have the floor panels ready for paint this weekend. It will be too cold to paint the next couple of days.
TEAM SMART