What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Working on the doors of the Coe today. The passenger was a mile off. Ground the edge, welded it up, ground it off. Hammered it in. Putting paint back on.
I see why the body shops get so much for this. :shock:
Back to add the clear coat!
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Did a brake job on my one ton Ford van, rear only. It needed Wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, return springs, adjuster kits, three brake hoses, several brake lines, even one of the pins that push on the brake shoe. $400 plus in parts at my cost

Still working on the seats for the AD truck. Drivers side is done, on to the passenger side.

frank....

just curious.. if you use high temp red or orange silicone RTV to stick the spring ends to the shoe webs.. and springs to springs...  

so everything will move.. but if a spring breaks... it cannot fall to the bottom to drag under the shoes and eat up the drums...

i have had to pull the drums a few times after a washboard road.. where the springs bounced off..

Never thought of that, but it looks like a good idea. I think I'll steal it. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

gettin near finished with disc brake conversion on econoline spindles.

all paths of 3/8 inch thick ready to go caliper bracket fell threw , so I have fabbed up a sheet metal template.  Need to find a source for 3/8 inch thick plate and get a couple of pair cut out

10 Dorman  Wheel studs came in from Rock Auto.  2.00 dollars a piece shipped to me.. best local price was 2.97 each plus tax and I had to go get em
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Need to find a source for 3/8 inch thick plate and get a couple of pair cut out

in case you forgot, Elpolacko/Steve has a CNC plasma table. his prices are reasonable too!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sirstude

Just got done putting the headers and hooking up the exhaust on the Olds.  More stuff out of the way.  Found a bunch of wrinkles on the inner fender passenger side.  I guess that tells me to keep doing my own work.  I paid a guy to do all the fenders and doors.  I have had to redo all of what I had done.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Worked on the second seat for the AD truck, got one bracket made, the other laid out. Got the Jag up on stands to start stripping it, and sold some parts off of it. Fixed one chimney, two to go. Did some trimming on the front splash apron.

moose

Spent a little time on the dash for My A. Forming an adapter lip to fit the 46 Chevy truck dash to the original dash rail mount surface...

Then taxied a friend to the airport.

Tim

sirstude

A couple of pictures of the Olds motor.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Lots too keep polished there Doug
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I was gone for most of the weekend. I did a few yard things getting ready for the predicted freeze in a couple of nights. Sorry I don't have anything good to report.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Spent several hours in the shop today just cleaning up and re-arranging things. I had to find a home for my new/used welder. It's way too big to put when the little P.O.S. welder was. Had to move the drill press to the old welder location to make room for the new one....

Carnut

Heh, heh, I spent the day same as most everyday for me, slaving over a hot laptop.

Printing out photo prints for my ebay sales and preparing other pics for ebay listing.

39deluxe

Started out the day by going to Bob Evans and then to the home improvement store to get several things that will keep me busy for far too long. Color sanded and rubbed out the clear on the quarter panel of my son's Monte Carlo that I shot a couple of weeks ago. Moved a big workbench from the garage to the basement. Since I built my shop I don't need a bench in the house garage any more. It just fit through the sliding door with little room to spare. I'm going to install it in the back room and build some storage around it this winter. When I get up in the morning I have to do some wiring in the basement, change a couple of light switches that have been acting up and and clean up my wife's car.

Tom

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"A couple of pictures of the Olds motor.

That doesn't look like an Olds motor :roll:

enjenjo

Yesterday was bowling/shopping day, so nothing was done in the shop.

Today I headed down to Defiance Ohio to reaasemble a 454 motor I tore down in August. As I got there, the big storm passed through. After waiting until it passed, we got to work. He though he has a blown headgasket, but I did not find any sign of that. I did find a Welch plug out, and told him I thought it had frozen up last winter. Anyway he picked up the parts we needed, including a pushrod to replace the bent one I found tearing it down. Put the Welch plug in, and then started cleaning the block to put the head back on.  I saw something funky at the top of the deck, and after checking it closely, there was a crack about 5" long at the top of the deck. Now I am sure it froze up. So now he needs a good standard bore block. The heads checked ok, so he can reuse them. That was the end of putting the engine together.

Stopped on the way home and picked up some powder coated parts, and installed them on various projects.