What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

They sure become a part of the family, don't they?

Boyd Who

On Sunday a couple of friends dropped by to help put up the vapour barrier on my shop ceiling. Definitely a 2 or 3 person job trying to get that stuff up if you want it fairly straight. One of my friends also dropped off a drywall lift so I could hang the drywall myself later on. We got all the poly up and by supper time I had about half of the drywall installed.

In between a bunch of meetings on Monday I managed to get the rest of the drywall hung and all the lights back up. If I have time on Thursday I hope to get the insulation blown in. If not it will have to wait another week or two.

Crosley.In.AZ

vacation time for a few days this week... various items on the 'to do list'
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

That garage is looking good. You might have enough lights for us blind old guys.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Boyd Who"On Sunday a couple of friends dropped by to help put up the vapour barrier on my shop ceiling. Definitely a 2 or 3 person job trying to get that stuff up if you want it fairly straight. One of my friends also dropped off a drywall lift so I could hang the drywall myself later on. We got all the poly up and by supper time I had about half of the drywall installed.

In between a bunch of meetings on Monday I managed to get the rest of the drywall hung and all the lights back up. If I have time on Thursday I hope to get the insulation blown in. If not it will have to wait another week or two.

As Mike Holmes says : " DO it Right.. the first time"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I worked on finishing the fit of the tailgate on this AD truck. Still have to fit the gate supports, and it's done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "kb426"That garage is looking good. You might have enough lights for us blind old guys.

As with horsepower, there's no such thing as too much light.  The closer I get to 50 the more light I like for working in. I may even add a couple of wall mounted lights once the walls are finished. :lol:

chimp koose

Boyd who, another thing to consider would be to paint the ceiling with a gloss white when you are finished construction.It is amazing how it will brighten things up. If you paint with a scrubbable paint you could clean it occasionally with a broom. Floor paint has been discussed before as a way of brightening up a shop as well. I have grey paint on my shop floor and it does a good job of brightening things up as well.It also cleans up easily.

Boyd Who

I definitely plan to paint the ceiling and walls to make it brighter. The walls will probably be light grey on the bottom half and white on the upper, and the ceiling will be white as well. I'm still debating on what I want to do with the floor.

enjenjo

Finished the tailgate, why doesn't anything fit wothout modification? Started cleaning up for the build day. Got the woodpile covered for snow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "enjenjo"Finished the tailgate, why doesn't anything fit wothout modification? Started cleaning up for the build day. Got the woodpile covered for snow.

That's alot better than having the woodpile covered IN snow.  :lol:

And if parts always fit without modifications we wouldn't be hot rodders, we'd be assembly line type people.  :wink:

river1

Quote from: "Boyd Who"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Finished the tailgate, why doesn't anything fit wothout modification? Started cleaning up for the build day. Got the woodpile covered for snow.

That's alot better than having the woodpile covered IN snow.  :lol:

And if parts always fit without modifications we wouldn't be hot rodders, we'd be assembly line type people.  :wink:

what is this snow you speak of? 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quotewhat is this snow you speak of? 8)

later jim
[/quote]

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............ :evil:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Boyd Who

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quotewhat is this snow you speak of? 8)

later jim

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............ :evil:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.......... :wink:[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What Bob said. LOL

kb426

I spent 3 hours on my 1972 model snow blower. I changed some things on the auger and blower shaft but I'm not happy with it. This was a $50 used unit. The drive pulley is better than it was but to fix it, would take a new shaft for the gearbox. I'd be surprised if anything is still available for this. It's ok but not 100%. My plan is for no snow.  :lol:
TEAM SMART