What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rog

delivered a mates '40 chrysler coupe project, 500klms (300 mile) round trip, no drag link in it, flat tires, binding brakes..fun!

58 Yeoman

finished replacing the rotted split rail fence posts today.  Finally...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

83 degrees here in the afternoon. I spent several hours with the weedeater. Compared to being stuck in the office, I thought it was great. Took one of the bikes for a ride when i got home. Doing regular chores now. Just one more nice day!
TEAM SMART

GPster

My wife and I will be celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary. It's really our 44th year together because we got married a year (exactly) after we met. We are planning a private dinner out (minus two dogs and a cat) without the TV, computer or telephone. Here's hoping we don't bore each other. GPster

Carps

Today, I'm flying to Sydney to attend the Australian International Motor Show.
Tomorrow, I'm going to a special luncheon to celebrate my 25 years with the company.
Sunday, I'll be headed out for a hot rodding breakfast and then I may just relax in the shed with a couple of model cars.

Maybe not, just remembered Dave wants me to pinstripe his new Roadster Pickemup.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

Congratulations to GPster and Carps on their anniversaries.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I still don't have the floor wood laid out to take a picture.

I installed a 6 way power base on a Ford bucket seat today. The base came from a Dodge seat. I still have to figure out how to mount the controls.

Then Shelby and I made a deflector for the top of the wood stove chimney out of stainless steel.

I am trying to get everything buttoned down for winter before it gets too cold.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

"I am trying to get everything buttoned down for winter before it gets too cold."
Me too. And I hope it's not real soon. We haven't had our first freeze yet. That's a little overdue but it's sure not hurting me any.
TEAM SMART

rooster

Got a load of wood today, 2 more loads to go.

river1

Quote from: "kb426""I am trying to get everything buttoned down for winter before it gets too cold."
Me too.

me too we are getting into the cold part of the year. it's getting down to the high 50s tonite BRRRRRR

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

papastoyss

Saturday am we head out on the Midnight Rodders Fall Cruise. All on Middle Tn. back roads. We sold our 47 Ford coupe last month so we'll be the caboose in our daily driver. Great weather forecast , sunny 80 degrees , probably 80 cars.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Did a brake job on my one ton Ford van, rear only. It needed Wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, return springs, adjuster kits, three brake hoses, several brake lines, even one of the pins that push on the brake shoe. $400 plus in parts at my cost

Still working on the seats for the AD truck. Drivers side is done, on to the passenger side.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Well I have a job being sidewalk superintendent. LOL  Been busy making final decisions on the new addition to our house. Some before during and after pics
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

Quote from: "enjenjo"Did a brake job on my one ton Ford van, rear only. It needed Wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, return springs, adjuster kits, three brake hoses, several brake lines, even one of the pins that push on the brake shoe. $400 plus in parts at my cost

Still working on the seats for the AD truck. Drivers side is done, on to the passenger side.

frank....

just curious.. if you use high temp red or orange silicone RTV to stick the spring ends to the shoe webs.. and springs to springs...  

so everything will move.. but if a spring breaks... it cannot fall to the bottom to drag under the shoes and eat up the drums...

i have had to pull the drums a few times after a washboard road.. where the springs bounced off..

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Did a brake job on my one ton Ford van, rear only. It needed Wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, return springs, adjuster kits, three brake hoses, several brake lines, even one of the pins that push on the brake shoe. $400 plus in parts at my cost

frank....

just curious.. if you use high temp red or orange silicone RTV to stick the spring ends to the shoe webs.. and springs to springs...  

so everything will move.. but if a spring breaks... it cannot fall to the bottom to drag under the shoes and eat up the drums...

i have had to pull the drums a few times after a washboard road.. where the springs bounced off..

I always took my pliers and squeezed the ends of the springs together on the pivot block.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil