What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Put the Impala away for the season, and got the Olds back on the hoist.  Now I can park both cars in the garage so I don't have to scrape and dig out all winter.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Waited for the two guys to show up this am to help erect the tv tower, but they didn't show.  I called the main guy, and he said that he couldn't contact the other.  Got PO'd and my wife and I went to the car show/swap meet in Morris, IL today, just to get away from the house.  Didn't buy anything but a couple small 'glue' brushes; 6 for a buck.

Let's see... $10 for the two of us to get in, almost a 1/2 tank of gas, $20 to eat there...yep, I got those brushes cheap. LOL.  At least we got away from the house for a day...though the tower is still lying on the ground.   :x
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

A casual observation: summer is over for most of us. Summer lovers attitudes go down the toilet for awhile when we realize it will be about 7 months until we enjoy the weather again. Am I correct in this thought????
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I'll try to get a couple more roadster days in this month and will park it in the house garage for the winter. The Volvo will go in the box trailer so that the shop canl be turned over to getting the '40 Chevy back together for next year.

Let's see...nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may...yep, pretty much 7 months to roadster weather.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Yep, time to hole up in the garage. Expect the new motor for my dually to be done next week. 454 bored and stroked to 489. Maybe if the weather holds off I'll be able to get some miles on it yet this year. Then I need to get the 4 bucket seats, console, new carpet and extra gas tank installed
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Let's see...nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may...yep, pretty much 7 months to roadster weather.

well in AZ that is the reverse. nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may...yep, pretty much 7 months OF roadster weather :D

although May sometimes is too warm

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Let's see...nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may...yep, pretty much 7 months to roadster weather.

well in AZ that is the reverse. nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may...yep, pretty much 7 months OF roadster weather :D

later jim

Dang, that really cuts into the snowmobile season!  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "river1"

later jim

QuoteDang, that really cuts into the snowmobile season!  :lol:

It SURE DO    :!:  :!:  :!:    Where do I sign up   :?:  :?:  :?:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

Did some striping on a 67 Galaxy.....

enjenjo

Went and picked  up the bed parts for this AD Chevy truck from the body shop. Now to put it together.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I was proven correct today that a problem  Dodge  truck in the shop had a Cummins diesel engine problem,   not a problem with our trans - converter
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

Been trying to get rid of some fermossa trees from my moms place that I take care of. This fiels was cut the first week of July they have growen 4-5 feet. Had a guy with a brush hog cut them I follow up with some stuff called Tordon and squirt some on the cut, PIA!!!!!!!!!!1

kb426

Those of you that have been down this road can appreciate this story. My clutch master cyl started seeping out the pushrod end. Rather than kit it and have to repeat it again in another 10,000 miles, I bought a steel sleeve master. Same bore, same bolt spacing should be simple. You can start laughing now. The register on the original was 1.250. The new one was 1.375. Not a problem for a man with a die grinder. The 5/16 pin that hooked to the pedal was wore badly. I redid the clevis as in cut it apart and saved the threads. I changed it to .375 dia. pin and doubled the thickness of the side plates. I have about 4 hours in the "remove and replace" job. I think I'm good to go for many miles. We'll see. Because of the amount of travel I need on the through out arm, I need as much travel on the master as possible. That's made it interesting in making it work. Those of you that are familiar with 32 Ford pickups know how much room there is under the dash that limits clutch pedal travel. Sound like fun yet? Anyway, I'm done and ready to go again.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I have the truck bed pretty much assembled, except for the floor. When that's done, then it's back to the body shop for final paint
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

This is not auto related. I made a little excursion on the bike today. I went 100 miles to a small town and looked at a dome house that I've followed the construction of. It's 4900 sq. ft. Not my cup of tea but interesting to observe. I rode home in shirt sleeves. Pretty nice for mid October. Very nice way to spend the day.
TEAM SMART