What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"and for those who haul trailers around...

may this NEVER happen to you...

http://imgur.com/gallery/kDjnAQu

and no tow vehicle in sight that I saw in the vid.  Trailer seems to track well by it's self
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Back in 05 or 06, I was out in CA with the Goldwing.  We were going from Carmel to San Jose through the hills or mountains, what ever they call them.  Moving fast on a four lane, me in the left lane, and we're heading down a hill, and I come up on a wheel/tire flying down the right lane.  What the?  We get to the next curve, there is a truck sitting on the side of the road, pulling a boat trailer w/o a wheel.

He should have gotten it back if he was alert...it was heading in his direction.  Another time out there, I think it was 4 or 5 lanes in one direction, and there was a huge tire/wheel sitting upright in one of the inside lanes.  Good thing there wasn't much traffic at that time.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Spent the morning cleaning 13" of snow out of the driveway. Thank heaven for snow blowers, I am getting too old for this.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I used my Toro snowblower yesterday and today, but yesterday was worse, as the 3" of snow was wet and heavy.  Today was better.

BUT...we also lost power yesterday, and my HF generator stopped after about 5 hours.  I refilled it with gas but it wouldn't start.  Found a new spark plug uptown (and she thought she couldn't cross that china plug, but she was wrong).  Put it in and still wouldn't run.  Found out that the 'low oil sensor' is bad (online) and I unplugged it and plugged the wires into each other and it took off. Geez...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tom36

Has been snowing all day today and it's still expected to snow til midnight. More snow maybe for Thursday.  I will be on the bucketloader for the next couple of days moving the snow banks so I have room for the next one! Tom...

UGLY OLDS

Our office went on "Emergency Response" meaning the guys that volunteer to take lap tops home work through a phone hookup &  work from home ... All others are to report to the office as possible ... We had 17" of show with 45 MPH winds .. I had a 5' drift to remove at the top of the drive & then approx. 75' of 15" stuff to reach what the plow left at the bottom of the drive ... ( About 18" of "hard pack" ...)  
Ah ... I called in advising no work at the office for me today ....
 Very proud of myself ... Only fell down twice ... :roll:

My little Toro got a workout pulling me around today .... :lol:
 Like Frank .. I AM too old for this ...... :oops:

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Boy, we got about an inch of rain. I was south and west of the snow. I'm not anxious to try out the newer blower that I bought last month.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Shoveled, shoveled and shoveled some more. I went out in the blizzard just before midnight to shovel out my daughters loooong driveway, she is a dispatcher and gets out at midnight, there was three foot drifts across the driveway with 40 m.p.h. Winds  filling them in about as fast as I could clear them. Got up at five this morning to shovel out my driveway behind the house that connects to a half block of an alley to get my wife off to work. Got her car out, thanks to AWD and made tracks down the alley, she jumped in and promptly got stuck on the street.....then off to my moms in my 2wd pickup, only got stuck twice in the alley. Got mom shoveled out then off to my sisters house, her husband is very ill and they can't shovel and may need to go to the hospital on a moments notice. The streets around their house hadn't been plowed and I got buried trying to get there. Got myself unstuck and actually drove through snow over the bumper of my Dodge. I put Perrelli Scorpion tires on it and they are the best thing I've ever seen in the snow. Went home and waited till my sister called and said there had been some 4X4 trucks down her street and went back over, only got stuck once. We only got 13" but the wind had drifts over four feet that had to be shoveled out. My front walk was four feet deep, my neighbor had bare ground showing! More snow expected tomorrow!   :D

Charlie Chops 1940

We got lucky here - only 5 or 6" where I live 10 miles from Lake Michigan. It did blow up some drifts in some areas though. The schools all cancelled for today. We went the sit the two small Grands at 5:30 AM. Got out of the drive okay and then blew it out late this afternoon. About 18" drifts down the side I didn't have to go through. Just another winter.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Don't say it Rivers, just don't say it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't say it Rivers, just don't say it.

you know he will
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

A lady I work with had a large trailer crash through her house . The trailer went loose and came off the back of the tow vehicle, then crashed into her house stopping just before the gas furnace. Her son was in bed and the trailer went right over him and stopped while perched over his bed in the basement bedroom.If he had been sitting up in bed he would have been killed. The wheel of the trailer was stopped by a tree in the yard . If the trailer would have hit the house 1' over it would have gone completely into her basement.The driver of the vehicle took off and returned later with another person who claimed to be the driver. One of my students witnessed the accident and informed the police who the real driver was. Real driver was driving while suspended.Insurance was not cooperative with the home owner who was fully insured . It ended up costing her a lot out of pocket.

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't say it Rivers, just don't say it.

you know he will

Who :roll: me :roll:

I got in my truck today and had to turn the AC on

I don't drive with tnhe windows down as it messes with the few remaining hairs I have on my head

STAY AS WARM AS YOU GUYS CAN :twisted:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

348tripower

I did the same as Frank. Moved 15" of snow with my Wrangler with the blade on it. I have one more to do this morning. Its funny how you gain a bunch of friends when they can't get down their driveways. :D
Don Colliau

phat rat

T shirt weather here yesterday. Obviously I'm not in Mi. right now
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.