What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

sirstude

Finally got the steering column mounted in the Olds for the last time.  I only seem to get about 3 hours a week in the shop any more.  Not quite sure why, but that seems to be the case.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I got the last bracket for the rear suspension welded into the 34 today. It has been a real pain doing this on the floor with the body on. I would set the rear axle into position, tack a bracket in, move the rear end out of the way, weld it up, re-install the rear end, tack in another bracket, and so on, and so on. I painted where I modified things today, so tomorrow I can install the rear end for the last time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

needed a separate 220v circuit feed to my attic for the air handler in the house...

Bent some EMT to route electric up into my attic.  Crawled around in the attic to feed the wire to where I needed it. Janice did the work in the garage pulling wire. Wired up the air handler separate from the ground unit compressor.

Drilled 4 inch holes in the house wall for 2 new exit vents for the bathrooms... more attic crawling.  Bathroom vents were not hooked up correctly from day house was built

I'm getting too old & tired to crawl around the attic
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

crosley ,I replaced my attic fan earlier this year, not exactly a picnic climbing around up there .

wayne petty

who would have ever thought that one could buy brand new Ford wrenches in 2015.

http://www.browntool.com/Default.aspx?tabid=344&CategoryID=441&Level=a&ProductID=261

this might even interest some of you just for kicks..

http://www.browntool.com/Default.aspx?tabid=344&CategoryID=361&Level=a&ProductID=2885

who knows what kind of neat stuff one might get in there.  is just a thought.

Carps

My bride isn't well, so I've been holding her hand.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

Carps, I hope all ends well for you.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Carps, I hope it's temporary not life threatning
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

I sold a Ford wrench on the hamb a while back.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I installed the rear end in the 34 for the last time today, and lined it all up.I still have to install the coil over shocks, waiting on some hardware. On to the X member.

enjenjo

Since I am waiting on parts, I decided a little shop clean up was in order today.I didn't even get all the tools picked up. :shock:  I kept finding these little jobs I have been putting off, so I did some of them too just to get them out of the way, spliced the hose on my shop vac, repair the trailer hitch insert for my van, clean up a pile of scrap brass so I can sell it.

I am a pig when I am working, I tend to throw tools on the floor, they don't fall off the floor on to my head, scraps of paper and plastic from packaging, I smoke, so cigarette butts, stray pieces of wire, a little bit of every thing, so clean up is a major job.

The tools are all picked up, and close to the tool box, so I'll finish putting them away in the morning.

tom36

Carps

Quote from: "phat rat"Carps, I hope it's temporary not life threatning
I've been wishing that since I rushed home from the NSRA Nats last August.
I was still holding her hand this morning, when she took her last breath.  :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "phat rat"Carps, I hope it's temporary not life threatning
I've been wishing that since I rushed home from the NSRA Nats last August.
I was still holding her hand this morning, when she took her last breath.  :cry:

Carps,

You have my sincere condolences.