What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Mom used to love to tell about her college roommate from Hawaii. Her Mom took her to the department store in Honolulu before she started school at second semester and bought the heaviest coat in the store.

That's how she stepped off the plane in Chicago in January wearing a windbreaker.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I got the snow blower fixed with a temporary choke, blew off the snow, just in time for it to snow again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Phat rat , are you planning on a 27 T coupe build? I almost got to work on mine today until my daughter called and needed her battery boosted.

kb426

Son's girl friend's car has a problem. I find a bent wheel on the front. We swap it to the rear for time being. It was warm enough to do that outside and not be uncomfortable. That will happen tomorrow when the high will be in the 20's.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "chimp koose"Phat rat , are you planning on a 27 T coupe build? I almost got to work on mine today until my daughter called and needed her battery boosted.

At this time I'm not sure. I may flip it, but some of the parts I bought yesterday will be staying
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

as i recall the Moons of Meepzor is where the Coneheads honeymooned at..

well. that must also be the planet these have conical valve springs have landed from.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1410-conical-valvesprings-story-behind-the-coils/viewall.html

enjoy the read..   just to get you ready for SPRING..  :roll:

enjenjo

The vacuum cleaner motor on my Scat sand blast cabinet took a dump again, this time it only lasted about a year. A new one costs about $100.

I bought  a shop vac off Craigs list, pulled the motor assembly out of it, and by enlarging the hole in the tank, and rebending the hold down brackets, I was able to install it in the Scat Blast vacuum tank. Not only is it more powerful, and quieter that the original motor, it has a replaceable prefilter to keep dust out of the motor.

Cost, $30.

kb426

I bought a snowblower that was 10 years newer than the one that I've used for 30 years. They are both 8 hp. B&S engines. The older one is heavier and has a real transmission and final drive. The newer one has an exposed bull gear on the axle. I took the older one to my son's to let him see if he will use it. I checked the new one over and cleaned it up. I'm not anxious to use it. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

While installing a new printer today, the power supply on my computer took a dump. I am on my backup computer, and it is sloooooow. I ordered a new one, should be in tuesday. Fortunately for me, I have been running a backup drive, so all should be good there.

Crosley.In.AZ

Not me, but :

A long time buddy sold his 1938 Willys coupe saturday. He has owned the car 34+ yrs.  It was a real deal , all steel Willys coupe.  1941 front sheet metal front end on the car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Not me, but :

A long time buddy sold his 1938 Willys coupe saturday. He has owned the car 34+ yrs.  It was a real deal , all steel Willys coupe.  1941 front sheet metal front end on the car

I assume if he's not already retired he can retire now! 😄

Arnold

Awhile ago..2 of us fairly strong thought :lol:  :idea: that we could just :roll: move this old washer out of  a basement up some stairs.
I could not believe how heavy it was!

As we lifted it up the stairs we were beat and had to put it back down.
  Because :lol: the basic structure of this washer including supports and drum mounts was so completely rotted that it twisted and tried to fall out the bottom as it twisted.

This thing was just not safe to move..unless it was braced or somehow caged/boxed.

Today I foolishly thought that maybe..just maybe after all the fasteners I had touched had rotted off or stripped..one or two..

Goodbye washer meet powerful circular saw with metal blade.

What a hard pita job..wrestling this folding up piece of tin with a big drum in it.

Oh welll..at least I wasn't foolish enough to think that "THIS" agitator is coming off... :twisted:

enjenjo

I have my new computer up and running. The backup computer was ok, but so slow.