What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

how about a video tour of Scat crankshafts...

:shock:

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

NEAT .... 8)

Something that is still made "here" ...... :shock:

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

what to do with that odd door you have been saving for the perfect project that has not arrived in your garage yet...

http://imgur.com/a/4wewF

one could probably use the original glass with proper reflective window tint film is applied on the glass..

enjenjo

Shelby called this morning, her car wouldn't start, the battery was dead. I had a meeting at noon to arrange a house appraisal, and when I went to leave for that, and my battery is dead too. So after the meeting, I took my wife's car, I bought two batteries, put one in my car, the took the other one into Toledo, and put it in Shelby's car. The wind chill was -20 with 15 mph winds. That sucked!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Put a new one in the '07 Trailblazer on Tuesday. It was a little slow in the garage with these 6 and 7 degrees above early this week. Almost 8 years and 115,000 - pretty good - lotsa starts. I caught it before it gave out.

Hauling the grands two days a week really early in the day. Didn't need the potential hassle.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

Three cars four days. I cant imagine why there are cooling problems when the wind chill is 19 below.  :D
Don Colliau

wayne petty

enjenjo

I got out the snow blower today, only to find the choke shaft was broken. They don't service the choke shaft separate, and they can't find a carb. At this point, I am trying to make a new shaft, I have nothing to lose, the carb is of no use without the choke.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Well, THIS wasn't a lot of fun. The coyote had a worse day, however. He was already in the lower left corner of my windshield when he popped out of the median, ears pinned back and running flat out. Fortunately the hood and fenders still fit as they should, none of the lights are even broken. The radio and a/c condenser are another matter, and presumably the rad support as the hood doesn't latch all the way down.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

papastoyss

Quote from: "jaybee"Well, THIS wasn't a lot of fun. The coyote had a worse day, however. He was already in the lower left corner of my windshield when he popped out of the median, ears pinned back and running flat out. Fortunately the hood and fenders still fit as they should, none of the lights are even broken. The radio and a/c condenser are another matter, and presumably the rad support as the hood doesn't latch all the way down.
Looks like you're in need of "Acme Body Shop"!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat46

Just got home from Disney World in Orlando. Spent a week there with my younger daughter, son in law and the two grandsons. We had too much fun, it was my first time there. It was about 50* when we got up this morning and the people there were bundled up in parkas with the hoods up and scarves over their mouths! 😀 We got to the airport in Michigan, it was 14* and we walked to the car In shirt sleeves to get our coats we had left there last week when we left. Tomorrow will be de icing the walks and deck, apparently we must have had freezing rain here before the snow.

phat rat

I made a run to the Detroit area to pick up a 27 T cpe I bought. While I was there he managed to sell me a few parts and I ended up spending a lot more on parts than I did for the body. But it was quite a haul. Two pair of 45 fin Buick drums, one set has the Ford hubs already adapted, square spindles, complete V8 60 tube axle front end, two 40 Ford dashes with extra gauges, panels and new faces, 9" rear, 2 or 3 sets of split frt. radius rods, Lincoln backing plates, 40's Ford backing plates, 2 bare axles and the list goes on.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.