What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

My mission is simple. I want to connect with other people affected by recent  changes of law that give pension plan companies the right to cut earned benefits to solve plan problems. Would also like to be informed about the procedure used by Congress on the night of 12/13/14.

Would like to know what to do about it.  Do you think this would be a good resource to do this?

I have added a few things to the home page (I think) about the problem. It can be found by searching Denny Ryan Fenton Mo

Ho Ho Ho  Merry Christmas

kb426

I put the 51 into the garage so I can get to work tomorrow. It was about 35 degrees and 45 mph wind. It takes 30 minutes of real work to get it in there. My plan is for it to move under it's own power before it gets moved again. :) A sloped driveway is not your friend when going uphill.
TEAM SMART

Carps

Today I'm planning to have the best Christmas day ever.

Starting with a kidnapping from the hospital, then off to join the family for lunch and a little gift giving, before taking the patient back to all the gizmos, doctors and nurses, where we'll have dinner on the ward with a whole bunch of other families who we don't yet know.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bucketmouth

Breakfast at my daughters with the other grand parents followed by lunch with my partners family and then xmas dinner with my family. C'mon boxing day.
As Carps would also say we get up early boxing day to watch the boxing day test Aust v India this year. That's where you sit in front of the tv all day eating the leftovers and drinking beer complaining about pigging out the day before.

I just realised the U.S. doesnt have Boxing day it is a holiday traditionally celebrated the day following Christmas Day. :D
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Carps

No cricket for me on boxing day, it's been a rough year and i could use a sleep in.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

Its been a somewhat crummy season at my house.

Our dog Nitro Bandit came down sick just before Thanksgiving week. A bunch of tests & exams turned up nothing.  

She had very few good days. Bad days got worse, so we put her down december 20.

She was a great shop dog, buddy , friend.  We really miss her
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

I am so sorry to hear about your Pal, Tony.  That always puts a crimp in things, even more so when it comes at the holidays season.

We're just truckin' on down, might have some company this evening, might not; got a small ham, and some spuds to do something with, and need to find some "green stuff" to go with.

Got my traditional holiday cold; haven't had one in several years.  Seems I used to get one right about Thanksgiving or Christmas almost every year; sure didn't miss it.

Hope everyone has a fair good day.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

My christmas present from Frank III
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

just enjoying christmas day...

watching a car race that should never have been allowed to happen..

http://i.imgur.com/ZMOhZEF.webm

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"My christmas present from Frank III

Frank, I went to school with a guy whose family owned the White Rose company, at least a local one. Their sign was similar to that one, same colors too, but they changed the name to Speedy Q. I heard that the name change was because there already was a White Rose gas station chain. Once in a while a local will still call them White Rose stations. The guy I went to school with now owns the whole deal, his parents retired, sailed around the world a couple times and his two brothers left the family business. He owns the local chain, probably a dozen gas stations/party stores.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"
Our dog Nitro Bandit came down sick just before Thanksgiving week.

Really sorry to hear Tony. It's so hard to only have memories instead of your old friend.

I had to put Murf down this summer and it still hurts to think about sometimes.  Got Riley now and that helps. Life goes on....
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Took the passenger door off the '40 Chevy convert today so that I could finish the front corner of the rocker panel replacement from 3 or 4 years ago.

Also need to re-skin the outside bottom of the door - about 7-8". I will use a couple '38 - '46 Ford pickup door patch panels trimmed and spliced together. The contour looks pretty close and I can run them through the English wheel if required. It seems like I just repaired them but it was about 30 years ago.

I didn't do as good a job as I could have, nor did I ever dream I would have the car for 36 years this coming March...half my lifetime. I'm gonna try to put another 180,000+ miles on her.....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Just replaced the lower control arm bushings in my son-in-laws Subaru Tribeca.  Kind of interesting.  Got the steering column finished up for the Oldsmobile and going to try to get the mount moved over 1/2 inch to match the Dash today.  Then can bolt the mess in for good.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Our dog Nitro Bandit came down sick just before Thanksgiving week.

Really sorry to hear Tony. It's so hard to only have memories instead of your old friend.

I had to put Murf down this summer and it still hurts to think about sometimes.  Got Riley now and that helps. Life goes on....

Thanks...

Early in 2014 we noticed Nitro was going deaf. Not hearing simple stuff like doors open - close behind her & other stuff.  That told me she was near the end of her life.  Seen the same thing on other dogs we had.

We had several discussions thru this year about another dog or not.  We decided on no more pets.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

saturday:  I had my lectronic ears in.  I could hear a slight chirping when the air compressor kicked on ( outside the wall compressor).  I went , looked. BELTS were loose, pump was covered in dirty dry oil... That ended with me pulling the sides off the enclosure I have around the compressor.... steam cleaner pulled outside, comp steamed off.  It had a good thick thermal coating on it.

Pulled doors off the 1948 Simca.  It was like the doors had not been off in 66 yrs.  Few shots of PB Blaster. Impact screw driver & hammer on the blade head screws. 4 sccrews per hinge, plus the travel limiter screws.

Have I mentioned the Simca is an Arizona life long car?
Tony