What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "sirstude"Going to try to stay warm, cold from Canada is dropping in.  Last night at 8:30 it was 55 degrees, pretty warm for Montana at Thanksgiving.  It is now 6:50am and 1 degree, and expected to drop 5 or 10 more before noon.  Back to the mid 30s by Monday.

Doug
We had a dusting of snow on Thanksgiving  and 19 degrees and another dusting today, tomorrow is supposed to be mid fifties. But that's better than last week in the U.P. at deer camp,  it was below zero a couple days and 20" of snow.

tom36

We got 10" of heavy wet snow- broke trees and dragged down power lines .  We lost power Wednesday around 6:30 PM and got it back the next evening around 7:30PM. My daughter the next town over didn't get it back until last night. Generators are a wonderful thing :)   Tom...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tom36"We got 10" of heavy wet snow- broke trees and dragged down power lines .  We lost power Wednesday around 6:30 PM and got it back the next evening around 7:30PM. My daughter the next town over didn't get it back until last night. Generators are a wonderful thing :)   Tom...

81*F  here on saturday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tom36

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from:

81*F  here on saturday[/quote

22F here, but it's a DRY cold  :wink:

purplepickup

Project for today is putting a gas log splitter together that was a black Friday deal at Menards yesterday.  At my age the Monster Maul is getting heavy after a while.  We burn a lot of wood and this will be a big relief I hope.

I hate crowds but got a $1299 splitter for $699 and was only in the store for 15 minutes.
George

phat rat

I spent the day driving. I sold a 41 Ford COE to a fella in Hannibal Mo and delivered it today 975 mi roundtrip. Left at 4:15 a.m. and got back at 10:45 p.m.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Self serve check outs:

I dont use them. If I am paying full price for the item, I expect a human to check me out & receive payment.

At Lowes on weekends, early mornings, they often only have the self serve lane open. There is a human there to check people out if needed  or help the self serve check out.

Sunday , the human at the self serve at Lowes was trying to help a customer that wanted something in the locked cages. there was a problem.

my wife decided to use the self serve deals. Well, one item was PB BLaster. You have to be 18 to buy that. So, there we sat waiting for validation from the Lowes employee to continue on the self serve check out.  While the Lowes employee was trying to help the other customer cluster purchase.

There will not be a next time on the self serve check out crap
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Self serve check outs:

I dont use them. If I am paying full price for the item, I expect a human to check me out & receive payment.

YUP
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Quote from: "river1"

YUP

I love the self serve checkouts, especially if I'm only getting one or two things. I can be long gone by the time I stand in line behind the people buying half the store and writing a check. And I keep my blood pressure lower than having the checker yakking with friends while they should be paying attention to their job. Our Lowes doesn't have them yet, hopefully soon though, the Home Depot does.

enjenjo

Quote from: "river1"

YUP

YUP again
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

I see it as increasing the store's profit by making me do something they used to pay people to do. I might see it as keeping prices down...if prices ever actually went down.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

I like to think I am helping someone stay employed.There are many people who for whatever reason are working to their greatest potential as a teller. Others use it as a way to help make ends meet or put themselves through school.The people who benefit from not employing tellers in their business probably do not need the money as much as the tellers who earn it . When that form of employment is gone you will have more people needing govt assistance and that comes from you and me . I do my purchases with a human who probably needs their paycheck as much as I do.

wayne petty

some RIVETING videos ..

or how to replace hull plates on a RIVETED together LIBERTY SHIP..

http://gcaptain.com/watch-steel-workers-replace-old-rivets-board-liberty-ship-ss-john-w-brown/

enjoy...

Charlie Chops 1940

Since there was a Toledo, OH connection I paid particular attention to the guys in the back-ground....I'm sure I saw Enjenjo there in a consulting capacity....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Charlie, that means they were in good hands. :)
TEAM SMART