What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

watching some snowmobile racing on TV.. wondering if racing jackets could be wired with LEDs that are turned on when the kill switch plug is yanked out of the jack on the machine.. so if a rider comes off his machine .. his jacket lights up like a red flashing christmas tree to warn racers behind him that he is there in the clouds of snow..   perhaps even a connection to the pants.. so legs would be shown flashing also..

kb426

WZ Junk, you're not giving those to friends whose wife's are going to use them on your friends, are you? That's an interesting story about the Chinese lumber. I'll keep my eyes open.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"WZ Junk, you're not giving those to friends whose wife's are going to use them on your friends, are you? That's an interesting story about the Chinese lumber. I'll keep my eyes open.

I should give one to a guy that I know.  A few years ago he was teasing his wife while she was cooking.  She kept telling him to stop bothering her but he did not.  Then she hit him on the forehead with a meat tenderizer.  The next morning at work everyone was asking what had happened to his forehead?  Maybe a rolling pin would not leave a mark.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Arnold

Today I feel I MIGHT :lol: have tamed my "on demand 4x4" dilemma.
What a big PITA type of "repair" that was..OVERANDOVER..
One of those you're gonna quit have to quit..

Then you win.. :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A few years ago he was teasing his wife while she was cooking.  She kept telling him to stop bothering her but he did not.  Then she hit him on the forehead with a meat tenderizer.  
John
He's lucky his head is the only meat she tenderized.   :shock:
George

enjenjo

Made a round trip to Urbana Ill. to pick up soda for frank. Cheapest fuel I saw was $2.33.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

http://coronet1885.com/

i really like the idea of the wooden pegs called.trunnels.

Trunnels (short for "tree nails") are wooden pegs, usually locust for rot resistance that are driven though the planks and into the frames. A small wedge is driven into the end of the trunnel just before it's pounded home to add extra gripping power.

then there are the Carlin dovetails...   wow...

if i ever get around to building anything.. i plan on putting some of these to use..  and i am talking timber framing or log cabins.. not just big expensive boats..

just thought you guys and gals would enjoy this..

i did big wooden boat stuff for 22 years ... but that one ended up on the bottom of the pacific ocean.. well.. not really that deep.. it can be seen with google maps or google earth sitting on the bottom ..  thats what happens when you use dozens of gallons of white imron to paint your topsides with..

wayne petty

wait.. i had no idea a V22 osprey could stow it's main wing and fold its props.. WOW...
  no wonder it took over 30 years to perfect

enjenjo

Today was log splitting day. I rented a splitter, double action, it splits both ways, and we got it all cut, split, and stacked in 4 hours.

kb426

Yesterday I moved the snow blower to the garage. It's the first time in 2 years that I got it out of storage. If I'm lucky, I won't need it. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

This is the splitter I used, it does a really nice job. I rent it, $64 for a week end, no storage, no maintenance, just gas and oil.

I can rent it for a lot of years before I spend as much as I would buying one.

enjenjo

I had to go into Toledo tonight to meet my new great grandson. Brett Ireland III born at 616 pm today. 7 lb 11 oz 22 inches long. mother and son both doing fine. The dad, not so much. :lol:

enjenjo

I had to go into Toledo tonight to meet my new great grandson. Brett Ireland III born at 616 pm today. 7 lb 11 oz 22 inches long. mother and son both doing fine. The dad, not so much. :lol:

tom36

chimp koose