What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Quote from: "enjenjo"We got Josh's S10 running, it has a miss, code P300, we are trying to track that down. It has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and distributor, it may be the injectors.

4.3 with cpi injection?

Crosley.In.AZ

Attended nostalgia races today at Wild horse Pass raceway.  Unimpresed how the event was run or how the  pit setup via barrels with yellow caution tape.  Last time I will attend this event.

I was asked to be there with inline powered car.  How many cars were in the inliners bracket?  Me.

Falcon was consistent :  15.578 & 15.576 , only 2 passes made. I loaded the car on trailer

My buddys Henry J car was dented: right rear corner.  Some one hit it with a vehicle.  We were all in the area, yet we did not see a * thing happen.... some how
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

58 Yeoman

Cool Wayne, thanks for posting.  I've got a Dr. friend that I think has one of those 1928 Chryslers that have only had 21 built.  He and his buddy totally restored it a few years ago. Now that I'm retired, I'll have to travel back up there to see them and it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

More drywall repair and painting this weekend, making great progress. Tomorrow is preliminary walk through with a Realtor we know and a representative from the relocation contractor. I'm really nervous because the house has a lot of great features but also 60 year old windows that aren't in good shape and some parts of the house that need freshened.

I think I know about what I need out of it to have the right down payment in the new location...bad news on that front makes things a lot more complicated.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

watching this blast from the past..

wayne petty

seems to be a riot going on at some locations around the country..

58 Yeoman

Yesterday, tried replacing the bearings and shaft in the Cabrio washing machine.  Ended up breaking a piece off the tub, so had to buy a new washing machine.  *... at least I can return the shaft kit.  Bought a Speed Queen this time; it should last longer. :roll:

Phil

Mikej

Wonder plastic....... its a wonder it lasted that long.

wayne petty

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Yesterday, tried replacing the bearings and shaft in the Cabrio washing machine.  Ended up breaking a piece off the tub, so had to buy a new washing machine.  *... at least I can return the shaft kit.  Bought a Speed Queen this time; it should last longer. :roll:

Ebay the rest of the parts..  since it is probably apart..

lots of nice super magnets in that motor rotor that comes right off with a 1/4" allen..

58 Yeoman

Yeah, I've already got the drain pump sold to someone in NC.

Phil

enjenjo

Doing a deep cleaning on the shop, and trying to make it more organised. So far I have been on it all week, and no difference shows yet. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

For those of you who are into engines...  SIT DOWN... put the beverage aside..   get your nitroglycerine pills ready...

and now for something so different.. i cannot describe a V8 engine with ONE crank throw... and only 2 connecting rods on it.  can you see this in your head..

i never would have thought of this..  its brilliant..  will it put out the power an 8 connecting rod motor would.??? that i don't know..

http://thekneeslider.com/ducati-elenore-v8-update/

or drat.. i forgot to look to see if it has desmodromic valve train also.

kb426

Wayne, parasitic drag comes to mind. I'f seen the video of the monkey bike running before. What is to be gained? I don't know.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Going to try to stay warm, cold from Canada is dropping in.  Last night at 8:30 it was 55 degrees, pretty warm for Montana at Thanksgiving.  It is now 6:50am and 1 degree, and expected to drop 5 or 10 more before noon.  Back to the mid 30s by Monday.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us