What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I rolled the 51 outside today. That's the first time the shop has been reasonably empty for a real long time. I'm planning on bringing it back in after Christmas and it leaving under it's own power. I'm a year and a half in this project and can't believe I'm not finished.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "kb426"I rolled the 51 outside today. That's the first time the shop has been reasonably empty for a real long time. I'm planning on bringing it back in after Christmas and it leaving under it's own power. I'm a year and a half in this project and can't believe I'm not finished.

Wow...a year and a half.  I bought my '41 Pontiac in 2000.  It'll be a looong time before I'm done with it. :oops:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Since there was a Toledo, OH connection I paid particular attention to the guys in the back-ground....I'm sure I saw Enjenjo there in a consulting capacity....

I wasn't there, but three of my neighbor's sons work for Hans Hanson, and may have been there. I'll have to ask him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Wayne, obviously that won't work, the grounding rod has to be at least two feet into the earth....they need a deeper bucket! 😃

jaybee

Quote from: "wayne petty"

Wow, a little knowledge really IS a dangerous thing!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

its an EARTH ground...

would it be better with COFFEE GROUNDS in the plastic bucket.. ???

i guess its just not that  COMMON to be NEUTRAL when you are trying to get down to EARTH.

will the people who think this is totally wrong please line up at L1.. and everybody who thinks its right line up at L2.  and people who are not polarized.. well. they are just too COMMON around here and will be returned to the transformer ..

i am glad you guys and gals all enjoyed the picture as much as i did..

Rrumbler

:(U)  )bye( That's a new one for me, Wayne.  It made my mind say"whaaaaa????!".  But, spend as much time around construction sites and with elec trical stuff as I did, you'd think you had seen everything.  I wonder where they got that idea.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

416Ford

Quote from: "Rrumbler"I wonder where they got that idea.

My guess is OSHA  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

wayne petty

great image for heavy duty tee shirts to give to my contractor friends..

yes.. may i have another bucket of earth ground please..

chimp koose

That reminds me of a situation around here some years ago. There was a new shop being built for a local school system. When the instructors popped by to see the progress, they got there the day before the floor was to be poured. Part of the shop floor was dug and re-barred to 18" deep. when they asked about it they were told "that's where the 60 ton press goes"

wayne petty

Quote from: "chimp koose"That reminds me of a situation around here some years ago. There was a new shop being built for a local school system. When the instructors popped by to see the progress, they got there the day before the floor was to be poured. Part of the shop floor was dug and re-barred to 18" deep. when they asked about it they were told "that's where the 60 ton press goes"

that's funny...   they were probably thinking of a 60 ton punch press instead of a 60 ton hydraulic shop press..

i would actually like one of those punch presses if i had a shop.. just for those really tightly wedged brake caliper slides.. and the odd penny that needs to be flattened several times in a row..

http://www.nrmachinesales.com/press/p61851.htm

jaybee

It takes thick concrete to hold up 120,000 lbs.   :roll:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

WZ JUNK

I used my wood lathe and made some rolling pins for Christmas presents.  Here are the 8 pins with there first coat of finish.  The wood for the turning blanks came from Chinese shipping containers.  Sadly it is some of the best plywood I have ever seen.  I cut the laminated turning blank out at a diagonal to the layers.  So what looks like annual rings is actually layers of veneer.  The layer of glue between each layer of wood caused most of problems.  It is so hard, and it dulls the tools quickly.  I spent nearly as much time sharpening the tools as I did turning.  Now I have to clean the shop.  I have dust everywhere.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

wz junk I had a similar experience with lumber many years ago. I was setting up a new machine shop. 8 lathes , 3mills , surface grinder, cyl grinder, shaper, etc. etc. and after unpacking all the equipment just thought something was out of place or weird. Then I realised that I had never seen such flawless lumber ..... ever! The plywood used in the crates would be better than our furniture grade. the skids and other lumber was likewise perfect . In Canada , the best lumber gets exported and the rest stays home.