What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

what to do when the cold weather hits...  make presents for the holidays..

here is just an idea..

http://imgur.com/gallery/ynz3p8A

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"My 89 year old uncle came over today, he wanted a little welding done, about a half hour job. Between the bull stuff and the lies, it took about 4 hours. both of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

those are some of the BEST type of days

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

I'm on another western parts trip. So far I have a 41 Ford COE and a 32 Ford 4dr, bodies only Going to look at two more COE's tomorrow, provided I'm not snowed in. LOL Right now I'm in Butte Mt
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

416Ford

Don't forget my Torino tail panel while your out there. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Update!
Got the wife delivered to the daughters yesterday. She is doing just fine.
She is there for a week so she can get some more mobility before coming home. We were concerned abut the girls jumping on her and just plain bugging her.
They are a 6 year old black lab a a 4 year old in  December yellow lab.
Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm on another western parts trip. So far I have a 41 Ford COE and a 32 Ford 4dr, bodies only Going to look at two more COE's tomorrow, provided I'm not snowed in. LOL Right now I'm in Butte Mt

How's the weather looking for the next few days? It was 58f here today. How's the fordor '32?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Bought the Harbor Freight 12 ton hydraulic press. It already came in handy when I replaced the ball joints in my brother's E150 Club Wagon. I still used the rented ball joint press for parts of the job and the various cups and spacers for others.

While I've used a press before this is the first I've had my own. Any thoughts as to things I'll want to acquire to use it most effectively, or things I can do with it beyond the obvious press fitting of part A into larger part B?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I watched the temp go down almost 50 degrees this afternoon. The next couple of weeks, I'm going to be in the deepfreeze. The wind has stirred up the tumble weeds. US50 was blocked at the Colorado line at 5pm.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Well I started moteling it last night, I decided that it was going to be too darn cold to stay in the sleeper without heat. Glad I did because this morning at 8:30 the temp was 11 and last night it was 35. I added another COE to the load this time a 48 Ford. The interstate was kind of dicey between Butte and Missoula but good the rest of the way to my sons
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Jack,  I am sure it is colder today, it is 1 as I drove into work this morning, and that is better that it was supposed to be.  
I have a funeral to attend today, and not looking forward to standing in the wind at the grave site.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"Bought the Harbor Freight 12 ton hydraulic press. It already came in handy when I replaced the ball joints in my brother's E150 Club Wagon. I still used the rented ball joint press for parts of the job and the various cups and spacers for others.

While I've used a press before this is the first I've had my own. Any thoughts as to things I'll want to acquire to use it most effectively, or things I can do with it beyond the obvious press fitting of part A into larger part B?

A few pieces of iron, and you can make a press brake for bending metal. I have also made dies to punch odd shaped holes using the press.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "jaybee"Bought the Harbor Freight 12 ton hydraulic press. It already came in handy when I replaced the ball joints in my brother's E150 Club Wagon. I still used the rented ball joint press for parts of the job and the various cups and spacers for others.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/shop-press-tooling.658242/ has a bunch of good stuff tho some pics are dead.

http://www.homemadetools.net/ do a search on here as well

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Driving up to Michigans Upper Peninsula on Thursday. Iron River, where we are headed has about a foot of snow so far. Hopefully the locals will will be going back to their camp and take a little detour and drive to our gate, otherwise we might have to walk in the last bit to get the tractor out. Us trolls only have 2wd, not much good offroad with a foot of snow.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "wayne petty"what to do when the cold weather hits...  make presents for the holidays..

here is just an idea..

http://imgur.com/gallery/ynz3p8A

I did some woodworking during my recovery from surgery last year.   This was one of the projects.  When I was teaching, I often made items like this to leave on my desk,  then I would wait for someone to ask me how or why the thing turned out a certain way.  It is easier to teach when someone is wanting to know the answer.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"When I was teaching, I often made items like this to leave on my desk,  then I would wait for someone to ask me how or why the thing turned out a certain way.  It is easier to teach when someone is wanting to know the answer.John
My father would have expected me to have gone for extra credit and made the other half of the hinge too. I would probably spent time figuring out if I could cut the nail and weld the pieces of it back together in place. GPster