What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I spent the last couple days reworking a console from a 96 Bonneville so it will fit in a 47 Chevy. I had to extend the bottom down about 4", straighten the line of the bottom, and shorten the front about 7", eliminating the shifter. It/s about done, pictures tomorrow.

Mom kind of had Dad primed, but he doesn't listen to her very well.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Here is the console so far. I had to go to the DMV to renew my licence today, so I did not get much done.

Crosley.In.AZ

worked on ol 1948 Simca.

Mounted seat, built seat frame brackets.  Drilled a few holes in brackets

Shifter mount built.

Taped switch panel in location, I think will work. I can reach it when strapped in seat.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tom36

Got tired of the spare tire on the 36 Tudor, So came up with a bracket to mount an old 40's turn signal accessory and an old 50's local car club plaque.  Used one hole in the spare mount to run the wires, one hole for a bolt to hold the bracket and the plaque covers the other two  holes, should me or someone else want to put the spare back on.  Tom..

Carps

That looks great Tom!

For me today is housework day.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

This is all good guys. Lets keep going! :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Wow...that really looks clean.

My wife and I took a 32 mile round trip on a 1960 passenger train from Henry, IL to Chillicothe, IL.  My town is right in the middle.  It was pretty bumpy, as passenger service hasn't used the tracks in over 30 years, just cargo.

Iowa Interstate donated the train and cars for the trip, and the money for the tickets all went to the local fire departments and ambulance services.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Rrumbler

That looks great, Tom.  I like that turn signal unit.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

fast401

I have been working on my son's house for the last 7 days.  We had a crap load of rain in a short period of time and his basement flooded for the 2nd time this year.  The village is looking into the drainage problem and we found a sink hole in his parking area.  Soooooo we replaced the sump pump (plastic) with a new cast iron 1/2 hp model and filled the area where I saw water coming in with expanding foam.  I know, fix it right!!  Just trying to slow it down a little.  I also installed a water alarm so I can be more on top of it the next time.  The funace needed a new board for the second time.  Thank goodness they are not real expensive.  Now back to working on the AMX for a change!!!!!!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

enjenjo

I went over to Dad's today and picked up another load of scrap metal.There was a whole pile of tap handles, most of them with taps in them, he doesn't even remember where they came from. Plus there was a 1960 model Coldspot freezer, a big one. Dad said it still worked, but when the freon line broke "accidentally" nothing came out, so I called bull stuff.

phat46

Quote from: "fast401"I have been working on my son's house for the last 7 days.  We had a crap load of rain in a short period of time and his basement flooded for the 2nd time this year.  The village is looking into the drainage problem and we found a sink hole in his parking area.  Soooooo we replaced the sump pump (plastic) with a new cast iron 1/2 hp model and filled the area where I saw water coming in with expanding foam.  I know, fix it right!!  Just trying to slow it down a little.  I also installed a water alarm so I can be more on top of it the next time.  The funace needed a new board for the second time.  Thank goodness they are not real expensive.  Now back to working on the AMX for a change!!!!!!

If you can get to a leak in a foundation wall, hydraulic cement can usually stop it. The first year I moved onto my house the spring thaw brought us a couple garden hose size " leaks" in the basement wall. I was able to go outside and reach down through the water and pack hydraulic cement into the spots where the water was pouring in. By the time I came back around the corner the leaks were literally stopping. I regraded the area outside, and I've never had a leak there again.

kb426

Please explain hydraulic cement.
TEAM SMART

Digger

Quote from: "kb426"Please explain hydraulic cement.

Hydraulic cement is a fast setting concrete patch material that expands when it sets.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

I finished putting the 47 Chevy back together today. I installed a new remote system, when I tried it, no workie. The batteries in both remotes were dead on a new system.

bucketmouth

Quote from: "Canuck"Just a short update, just to show that I have not been sleeping (just taking short naps) .Canuck

That's been a good read so far thanks for that.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.