What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I will be placing and leveling the lathe tomorrow. I have so many jobs on the go half finished right now I have to sit down and stop spinning! Every time I had to wait for something I just started on another project . I am now half way through about 5 projects and only have 3 weeks of holiday left.I doubt I will get on the model T this summer.

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Spent the day cleaning the shop, and I am not done yet. It's going to take a couple more days

What is your water situation?

John

I'm on a well, so I have no problem. My parents have city water, so I had to haul some water over there. The EPA gave the all clear on the water today, so I guess things will get back to normal.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

i don't know how to title this..

bangers and mash...

mashing bangers..

Russian driver training..

road rage skills training..

automotive recycling the hard way..

this one is not as truly violent as some of the others..

don't let your kids see this..  its NOT x rated.  but there are somethings.. even a rat won't do..

chimp koose

set my lathe in place today and cannot get it level. there is about a .0035" twist in the ways over a 4' run.I have set the headstock end level and have the low side adjuster of the tailstock end touching the pad with a gap under the high side adjuster. I will measure it daily to see if it will straighten using gravity. If it will not straighten this way then I may have to bolt it to the pad and straighten it by pulling it down.

Rrumbler

Quote from: "chimp koose"set my lathe in place today and cannot get it level. there is about a .0035" twist in the ways over a 4' run.I have set the headstock end level and have the low side adjuster of the tailstock end touching the pad with a gap under the high side adjuster. I will measure it daily to see if it will straighten using gravity. If it will not straighten this way then I may have to bolt it to the pad and straighten it by pulling it down.

Don't ya' just love setting up machinery, and especially precision tooling?  I have pulled out more hair than I have lost naturally over some of that stuff.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

Ya its a real tester of ones patience sometimes when setting up machines. I sometimes wonder how thorough some people are at set up. This is my machine for at home use and I want it perfect.

bucketmouth

My brothers stock model A tudor cracked the engine block, I found him a runner that starts and sounds ok.
I'm going to bench test it hooked up to the cooling system to see see how good it is or if I need to rebuild it.
And the good news is I'll also have to fit it as well.
I don't really need this extra work but brotherly love being what it is....
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

wayne petty

i am sitting here looking at videos. and ran across this one..

i know the mustang project is done.. but..  look at the second half of this video. .where they install the double A arm front suspension in the first gen mustang..   bolts right thru the frame rails.  hmm..  hmm..

botls to the nice straight frame rails..  fully contained front suspension.. even has rack and pinion steering.. i did not check on the cost.  i did not check to see if its an alumimum casting/forging or a magnesium piece..

wonder if it would bolt to nice straight rectangular tubing used as front clips on so many full fendered cars..

again.. just a Thought..

chimp koose

Spent the day trying to reorganize my shop. I put in 3 shelves 1'x9' and a bunch of new pegboard.Now to figure out where to put stuff !

enjenjo

Mounting a new pair of bucket seats in my old 47 Chevy for the guy that owns it now.

WZ JUNK

I spent most of the day with Bob K.  We went for a tour of the local sites and shops and did a lot of visiting.  A great day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

BFS57

Hello;
In the midst of puting my 57 back to gether, today I went to the powder coaters to pick up my bumper brackets, for $100.00 I can't go wrong! Colored a satin black, plus he did the sand blast, I couldn't get those that nice if I tried!
OK! Whats up with posting photos?? Have tried but never seem to get the job done!
Bruce

enjenjo

enjenjo

Spent most of the week reroofing the rear of the shop. tore off two layers, replaced some rotten sheeting, and went back with ice guard, and premium shingles. We finished it today.

chimp koose

Debaffled my son's new bike. I always feel better when other motorists can hear him coming. Kind of like an EAR view mirror since they don't use the other one and have a problem seeing the bikes.2013 Vulcan 1700 ,now it sounds like one!