What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

i have been typing like a crazy man...

what do you think of this..

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13349

enjenjo

Rewired the fans and replaced a right lower A frame on a 95 Golf, replaced the batteries in a 07 F250, and did some repairs on a travel trailer. I also found time to finish the front bumper on the 65 Mustang.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

The hood on the COE was blistered so I took it off and ground the pain off to see what was going on. That was Thursday.  Cut, weld, fill, sand, prime. I finally shot the base clear this morning. Another quick fix that took a long time. :shock:
Don Colliau

kb426

Don, I think you did well. 4 days is a quick fix with all the steps you mentioned.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

i have been working on a post on temp senders for stovebolt trucks..

http://forums.classictrucks.com/70/9653013/1947-1959-chevy-trucks/58-apache-temperature-sending-unit-question/

a few of you might need the info..  as it  can be used on later GM cars also..

there is a temp sending unit spec chart to download there also..

enjoy..

by the way. when you get there.. click on my user name. many magazines you may have never heard about or seen on the news stands. if you have a street rodder or rod and custom or any of the magazine user name and passwords.. it will work at any of the forums..

Carps

Dealing with morons and idiots!

I feel better now having got that offa my chest.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chimp koose

since I started my summer holiday I have shingled my roof and am just completing a change out of the old living room picture windows with bigger new ones. I have to finish hanging doors in the basement, as I have built a storage room and am planning on finishing the bedroom in the basement.When this work is finished I can move to the garage for a major purge and then pour a small pad for the lathe I bought. I am going to reorganize the shop to put my lathe , drill press ,  welder , pedestal grinder , belt sander and solvent tank down one side of the garage . I would like to paint the walls and ceiling white again and paint the floor grey.When that is done I will again try to get working on the T coupe as I still haven't reamed the holes in the steering arms.I would like to finish the steering and possibly the firewall relocation by summers end.

Arnold

Replacing some windows in my g/f's barn..built in 1840 I think :roll:
The old barn shifts a bit..out pop the windows :lol:

Do they go back in :evil: NO..the frames warp/twist.Next to impossible to measure :evil:

Have windows been replaced using a REALLY HARD! cement like substance..that dries out..falls out..sometimes sticks to the frame..and simply does not come off without part of the frame bending or being pulled off :?: OF COURSE! Are there pretty much buried finishing nails in this cement? Ditto.

As one is putting the new windows back in with glazier points..of course see the above..plus there are spots where the wood is punk..other spots rock hard that bend the points as the go in.

As I stand on my tippy toes..holding the glass..what is that rubbing against my leg?

Oh..is that a wasp..OR the barncat which is known to now and again..sink his teeth in .

It's all good :lol:

phat46

Quote from: "Arnold"Replacing some windows in my g/f's barn..built in 1840 I think :roll:
The old barn shifts a bit..out pop the windows :lol:

Do they go back in :evil: NO..the frames warp/twist.Next to impossible to measure :evil:

Have windows been replaced using a REALLY HARD! cement like substance..that dries out..falls out..sometimes sticks to the frame..and simply does not come off without part of the frame bending or being pulled off :?: OF COURSE! Are there pretty much buried finishing nails in this cement? Ditto.

As one is putting the new windows back in with glazier points..of course see the above..plus there are spots where the wood is punk..other spots rock hard that bend the points as the go in.

As I stand on my tippy toes..holding the glass..what is that rubbing against my leg?

Oh..is that a wasp..OR the barncat which is known to now and again..sink his teeth in .

It's all good :lol:

Hopefully it was at least 90 degrees that day too.....
 :D

Carps

The city of Melbourne hosted a new indoor car show at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, which is kinda like a State Fair complex in the US.

Having previously costed the running of a similar event using this venue I am aware the promoter was taking a very big and extremely expensive risk.  So the entry price was at the point I figured it would need to be.  However, considering all the whinging we hear about event prices, I wasn't sure that '$35 bucks to get in was not a bit steepand they might struggle to draw a big enough crowd.

With football at all the major stadiums and horse racing at Flemington, which is right next door to the Showgrounds, traffic was a nightmare and finding somewhere to park even worse because there's no parking at the show grounds and pretty much all the on street parking spaces nearby require a permit (when the annual show/fair is on the showgrounds use the parkinng facilities at the adjacent horse racong venue).  We walked a mile to get to the front gate.

Getting in was easy and the layout seemed OK, allowing easy movement around the show.  Participants told us that set up was also very well organised.  The display vehicles arrived in waves based on where they were to be displayed, with the vendors setting up last around the perimeter of the main hall.

The thee buildings used were linked by a covered walkway which, considering the lousy weather of late, was a great idea.  However most of the food vendors etc. were out side in the open air or rain as the case may have been.

The display out front suggested more Auto Salon type cars (rice burners) may be inside but this wasn't the case, the show was mostly street machines (although I'd question the streetability of many  :wink:  ) and Muscle cars, with a modest number of pre '48 Hot Rods and a handful of Traditional Style Kustoms.  Almost all motorsport categories were catered for, with exotic sports cars, drag racers, touring cars, historic racers of every type and even sprinters.

It was a great first effort and if it's continued it will only improve.  

Im not convinced the venue is the best for this type of show and considering the space available inside the show grounds, if they stick with it, maybe something can be done to provide adequate parking for paying guests.  It's fine to promote the idea of using public transport, but the fact is, car people drive cars, especially when they go to car events!  So the promoters need to consider how much parking space is required and than make it available.  I'd also like to see more hot rods and customs on show, but that's always a challenge for any show promoters.

There were some great cars travelled from interstate that we might not have otherwise had the opportunity to see.  However, rarer is for me to leave any car show after less than 3 hours, so considering how long I stayed I'm still in two minds as to what that says about the value story.  I think many others would dissagree with my oipnion on that anyhow and that's probably a good thing.

Anyhow, here's some of the stuff that grabbed my attention.

Big Buick Woodie is I figure a recent arrival and had a few folks talking.

This was one of my favourite Falcons, lotsa subtle and not so subtle tricks.

Ford Zephyr Mk!! was almost the ultimate Q ship, only the wheels give it away.

Can you say metal flake?

or big block Ford?

The muddersickles were all pretty radical.

Classy '66 GM Holden Yoot was packing some serious horse pressure.

Speaking of horse pressure....

Mobile sound and video...

It's taken what seems like forever, but Rich Dabbs' model A looks sensational with paint and upholstery.

What's not to like about any of this group?

And of course there's the show only cars...

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Looks like a good show Carps.

We spent the weekend working on the back shop. We got the rest of the new ceiling joist in, and most of the old ceiling torn out.

jaybee

It was warm in the garage this last weekend, but I found time to sort, box, and label a whole bunch of stuff as well as fill the dumpster/can with a bunch of stuff I should have ditched long ago.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Cool rides in the car show there. Looks like a nice venue also.

Heres follow up shots on that roll pan I was working on awhile back. I'm on the other end of the truck now. Clouds are obscuring the red pearl over black, so it looks pretty dark here. I like how the tail lights look with that color. All the green stuff is tape, and the box-n-gate are new stuff while the fenders are tenderly loved gennies. This is only a mock-up, the frame is still bare and the bed paint is un-polished. Front sheetmetal is a messy 3D puzzle, right up my alley.

Matt

enjenjo

I am not a big fan of the wheels, but the tires fit the fenders nice.

I hauled some construction debris to the recycling center, moved a pop machine for Fatcat, and made a spacer for a T5 short shift conversion.