What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39deluxe

I helped my son build a stairway to the upper floor in his shop. We had to create a bigger hole in the floor and box that in but it sure come out nice. We used 3 fifteen step pre cut stair joists and set them on a landing at the bottom. The stairs are 4 feet wide so it will be easy to carry junk up there to forget about till they move again.

Today I put together a Motor Wheels C7 Corvette for my granddaughter.  

Tom

sirstude

Finished up the play center for the grand kids on Sunday.  Going to rip out the chain link fence today, getting ready for a new one.  

Then planning on finishing up getting the Impala ready to leave for the Puyallup GoodGuys event tomorrow.  Just a little 600 mile jaunt.  The cars do fine in the desert heat across Washington, but the old guys driving them don't do so well.  We make it a 2 day trip.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

jaybee

Quote from: "39deluxe"The stairs are 4 feet wide so it will be easy to carry junk up there to forget about till they move again.
Tom
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Yeah, I'm starting to appreciate what that feels like.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "39deluxe"The stairs are 4 feet wide so it will be easy to carry junk up there to forget about till they move again.
Tom
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Yeah, I'm starting to appreciate what that feels like.
When you get a little older you'll like the 4' wide steps but you'll also like 10" deep tread on a 6" rise with banisters on both sides and someone else to do the carrying. Everything on one level helps you keep it mind that you've got too much stuff. GPster

chimp koose

I poured a footing for my lathe today.I have been busy filling in cracks in my shop floor so I can paint it soon.Sort of doing a shop overhaul to make it more of a fab shop.Painted walls and ceiling already. I am getting anxious to finish . Still looking for a medium sized mill.

Arnold

I was getting some very light brake drag..on/off.Never bad..no pulling..smell..heat.There was something that needed to be looked at.
Emergency brake worked,cables,pads,calipers,rotors ok.
I spun the r wheel in the air..and then it sort of grabbed..wtf..on/off.Sometimes I could spin it quite a lot..then..
Somein' inside the rear parking brake assembly was jamming.

ya.. :lol: This was all replaced(not by me) about 12,000 miles ago..just less than 2 years ago. When I bought it. I inspected it then..and then again last fall..rear rotors off,parking brake assembly..pads..look new.
The emergency brake worked. Adjusted.

One of the new hold down clips had fallen off..and of course into the drum.
I did not put it on but it looked ok to me.

GM 3/4 ton rotor/parking brake drum.

As I pulled the rotor off..this thing just jammed..
  What a mess..what with the clip off the pad holdown came off their mounts..chewed up the backing plate.
  I could not believe how hard,dirty and time consuming this was.

I feel lucky that I could save a pile of money by fixing it myself :lol: .

chimp koose

first coat of paint on the shop floor today. It is getting brighter in there.

Charlie Chops 1940

Got back from Louisville Nats about 8:30 last night. Had a good swap meet - lightened the load a bit. Lots of guys I know stopped by and met a lot of new folks. Stories were shared and tall tales swapped. I bought a few small parts for the '40 Ford coupe. There was a guy at my motel that had a 57/58 Ranchero with '58 Edsel front sheet metal bumpers and taillights. Well done in red. I could drive one.

Never did see our down under pal...and after wearing the orange company shirts for 3 days....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Charlie,

There is a pretty nice 59 out in the yard here.  Light green, and it is in the runner row.  I bet there is an Edsel front end out there somewhere too.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Trying to get the homestead back in order.  My wife and I have been out in the northwest the last couple of weeks.  We saw Olympic NP, Mt. Rainer NP, The North Cascades NP,  and some of the Columbia River Gorge.  A good time and lots of stuff to see.  One of the towns we stayed at last Thursday night was partially evacuated the next day because of a fast moving fire.

Hooley is on his way to Sumner's.  Sumner has the car about ready and he will be the driver this year.  This will be exciting.  The salt looks good and they will be broadcasting with live streaming. (see the landracing or scta site for the link and information.)

The Flat Cad guys are finishing up the car today, and they should be on there way in a couple of days.

I am getting ready for the HAMB Drags and the swap meet at Springfield, MO.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

John,

You sure saw some beautiful country.  We did not see Ranier until Saturday  morning.  It was really out of the world on Sunday afternoon from Puyallup.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

wayne petty

just for fun.. Lug nuts..

http://www.whtknight.com/cgi-bin/catagories.cfm?cat=2

styles and shapes you may have never seen before..

enjenjo

I sold the parts car today, at least that is out of my hair
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Spent the day cleaning the shop, and I am not done yet. It's going to take a couple more days
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"Spent the day cleaning the shop, and I am not done yet. It's going to take a couple more days

What is your water situation?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH