What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "tom36"Went to the start of the Great Race  yesterday.  Started in Ogunquit Maine this year and ends up at the Villages, Florida.  105 cars- $5k to enter and $50 k to win.  beautiful sunny no humidity day.  tom...

The car I wired finished 19th today.  It is a red 35 Ford coupe.  I am glad you posted as I did not know when they were starting.  I will try to keep up with them this week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tom36

The car I wired finished 19th today.  It is a red 35 Ford coupe.  I am glad you posted as I did not know when they were starting.  I will try to keep up with them this week.

John[/quote]

Friend of mine took this video.  Red 35 coupe is around 3:15  Tom...

wayne petty

any of you familiar with 34 coupe door latches and strikes.. have a go at this over at SR

http://forums.streetrodderweb.com/70/9650745/general-technical/34-coupe/

thanks.. wayne..

enjenjo

I installed new soffit and facia board on the north end of my shop this weekend. I still have to do some of the siding.

Josh installed his engine and fired it up saturday. Outside od an exhaust leak at the collector, no problems.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Josh took his Mustang home tonight. It sounds good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Sold the '64 Volvo project yesterday to a local rodder who liked it from the start in my shop - shares the vision, so to speak. Will start hauling boxes of parts and loose stuff over the next few days. Hopefully completely transferred within a week.

Too many projects, too little garage space, and the tape measure gets shorter...

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

We celebrated my youngest child's  graduation last night. I will now be driving to school by myself in the mornings.

kb426

I leave in the morning for the NSRA show in Pueblo. I'm bug free for a few hours. :)
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

good wood festival LIVE... video feed..

wayne petty

totally off thread... but the engineers in you might really enjoy this hour from UCTV..

http://www.uctv.tv/shows/A-Quest-for-New-Materials-Superhard-Metals-Conducting-Polymers-and-Graphene-28232

if you have preteens or teenagers.. be sure to plant them next to you to watch it.. it might change their life as they might want to take a course change toward collage..

wayne petty

kb426

I got back from Pueblo at lunch time. I had 2 great days. I've uploaded pics to Carnut's site. When he posts then, I have some comments to go with the link. Hope you all had a great summer weekend. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "wayne petty"coolest exhaust tip i have EVER SEEN..

http://imgur.com/r/RatRod/Mkbrlu7

AND it appears to be equipped to breathe FIRE  :!:  :idea:  8)

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

helped a friend across the country fix a vortec S10..

burned out cam sensor in the distributor..

but still did not spark after he got the injectors to fire..

great spark from the end of the coil wire..

almost nothing from the end of the spark plug wires..

found this..

jaybee

Replaced the coil on the lawn mower. It had a barely noticeable dark spot on one side of the plug wire where the spark was leaking off to one corner of the armature.

The small engine shop where I got a replacement was a little surprised to be asked for parts for an engine that was built in 1995. I told him it's worked great...all I've done for 19 years is change the oil, sharpen the blade, clean the air filter, and throw a plug at it once in a while.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)