What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Geez Frank; on the other hand you have an empty trailer. Take it easy.

Since I have plenty of room, I have been looking for some other stuff to bring back.

A buddy of mine needs a Ford F-150 hauled from local here to Wisconsin
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

we went to Tucson last night to run their track.  We heard they do a great job with track prep.   I still had a 4 second timing retard programmed and ran a 7.37 right off the trailer.    

I moved the Instant Center back 3" to help with that left front tire, moved the wheelie bar down one inch and went up 3/4 pound of air pressure.

seems to have worked.

kb426

Glen, what was the corrected elevation?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I have every thing ready to load in the morning. I hope to get out of here tuesday. Josh has been burning up the internet finding parts for me to bring back. He found a few LOL
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"Glen, what was the corrected elevation?

Im not sure what you are asking?  The DA was 6000 FT. the track is at 3075ft.?

kb426

Glen, corrected elevation is the same as density elevation. Both are based upon true elevation, temp, humidity and barometric pressure. 6000 ft. is a ways up there. There were times at Denver that it was right at 10,000 ft. Sure makes it tough to make power. Are you at a point where you know what the car will run and do when you unload it from the trailer?
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Both sides of the new windshield are in the '40convert and I found rnough new trim screws to put the garnish molding in. I had gray tint glass in it for many years. It is now getting light green tint. I like it already. I installed all the top latch bits today and ordered some new front header seals, door dove tails and dove tail repair kits.

Tomorrow is gas tank fill neck back on with a new hunk of hose and the two rear fender to frame braces. Will give all of the the back half underneath a once over with wrenches and eyeball. It's been a couple years since I worked on it...and I've forgotten where I was at.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"Are you at a point where you know what the car will run and do when you unload it from the trailer?

Not really....I know what it will run with the previous settings, but I really want to get to that 6.99 and 200 MPH mark.  I hope I can continue to pick up  in the 60 ft. times by improving the chassis setup and then I can put power back in.

multiply that challenge with inconsistent track prep and its a crap shoot.....but man its a rush.  Its funny because people just see a 1966 nova in stock trim but they are confused by the dual chutes and exhaust.  Then you pull out a low 7 and they get a big smile.

chimp koose

Glenn are you doing track and tire temp comparisons run to run? We found some ET when we paid more attention to it.

Glen

Quote from: "chimp koose"Glenn are you doing track and tire temp comparisons run to run? We found some ET when we paid more attention to it.

No I have not played with that.  M/t tire told me to try and get the tire within
10 degrees within track Temps.  I have not tried it.

enjenjo

All loaded, ready to go in the morning, with a ton of help from Rumbler.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"All loaded, ready to go in the morning.

Good luck Frank (you know you need it) :-o

chimp koose

Glenn when we ran the 10.5 tire it was very important. we have seen improvements in consistency by being even within 40 degrees of track temp .The hotter the track gets the more it seems to help.If you have a helper for the burnout get him to temp gun the track and then your tires, after burnout temp tires again. You will see a pattern for how much heat vs how many seconds of burnout in high gear. Then your helper may be able to hand signal you out of the box when they think you have the right heat.These are the little consistency things that can help you creep up on playing with the rest of your launch.Our best 10.5 tire launch with a 3700lb wagon /ladder bar /1100hp(300 n2o off the line) from off idle was a 1.26 60'.

wayne petty

car security defeated story and a video of them breaking in.

http://abc7news.com/news/7oys-investigates-high-tech-car-burglaries/54042/

not really rodding related.. but everybody has daily drivers and a lot of members spend a lot of miles on the road.. stopping in hotels and other places..

idrivejunk

Quote from: "wayne petty"car security defeated story and a video of them breaking in.

http://abc7news.com/news/7oys-investigates-high-tech-car-burglaries/54042/

not really rodding related.. but everybody has daily drivers and a lot of members spend a lot of miles on the road.. stopping in hotels and other places..

Frank, safe travels to you always.

Wayne, do you think that device reacts with something in the door itself or talks to the module? Theres a switch attached to the back of many modern lock cylinders and I wonder if they are fooling that or the actuator possibly. A friend with an 06 Honda says if he key unlocks, his alarm goes off, I don't think that should be. My 99 Pontiac can be set up to arm and disarm a couple different ways. But I have to think that they are essentially telling the car that somebody is locked inside and wants out. Just thinkin ... and up too late ...

NEW PICS IN THE THRONE ROOM, GENTS:

Matt