What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fast401

Replaced my stock rotors and ceramic pads on the 2010 Malibu.  I got some vented rotors from Summit along with some new ceramic pads. Took it out and Seasoned the rotors and it stops real good now.  This should help in the warping problem I picked up when driving through the mountains of West Virginia and Virginia.  My wife hopes they work better than the last ones since I never us the brakes!!!!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

Crosley.In.AZ

trying to get back to speed...  

been sick the past few days.  Wife thinks I picked up a flu bug.  I did receive a flu shot last fall, that may explain why I was only sick for a few days. Mine started saturday afternoon... worse sunday, monday was real bad. Tonite I feel much better and I am fully "cleaned out" too.

My wife was sick in February.  4+ days of over 101* fever.   She had not been that sick in 10 yrs.  She had a flu shot in october too, but caught something.

hope you folks are doing well.. It seems to be the season for this stuff.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

on a different .. Cough..

i ran across this totally at random..  and thought it was too good to not post..

http://www.rvmagonline.com/travel/1402-travel-permian-basin-petroleum-museum/

if you click on it..  expected to be sucked up and blown out the back..  if that's not a big enough hint..  

these were some of my favorite cars ..

enjenjo

I am back out to Las Vegas. I won't be here long this time. I flew to Phoenix to pick up a S10 I bought, then drove up to Blanding Ut., and spent a couple days with Sum. Today I drove to Vegas, and I will spend a few days rebuilding the axle on the trailer I bought out here, loading it up, and heading east. In the mean time it's my grand daughter's birthday tomorrow, and I will be here for that.

I also found out wednesday that I am going to be a great grandfather in December.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

SOLD !  

I sold my 1983 Monte Carlo today.  It was time for it to leave, been in the family for 21 yrs.

the 1962 Falcon is on the short list to be sold next... still thinking that sale through.  yes, no , yes, no

Congrats on the great grand child , Frank
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Frank, congratulations on your news!

I started the day relaying my brother toward his other car. If anyone remembers my long struggle with the Taurus from hell it suddenly seems to be dropping a transaxle. Trans fluid is still full, red, and doesn't smell burned, but the car acts like it's stuck in a higher gear and has a "service transmission soon" light. Sometimes it's steady, sometimes it blinks. Unless this proves to be something quick and easy like a sensor failure it's time to say goodbye to that lemon.

After that I changed the oil in the van, played with my new Power Probe, cleaned in the garage, and threw a bunch of stuff in the garbage. With a home sale and move coming up in a few months I find my urge to hold on to things that I might be able to use some day is being dramatically overpowered by my desire not to move that stuff. I hereby declare my hoarding to be in check.

Some of that stuff might include a collection of Street Rodder and other magazines going back into the 1990s. I may throw them  on Ebay in groups of 12 issues. Does anyone know if there's a market for them?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am back out to Las Vegas. I won't be here long this time. I flew to Phoenix to pick up a S10 I bought, then drove up to Blanding Ut., and spent a couple days with Sum. Today I drove to Vegas, and I will spend a few days rebuilding the axle on the trailer I bought out here, loading it up, and heading east. In the mean time it's my grand daughter's birthday tomorrow, and I will be here for that.

I also found out wednesday that I am going to be a great grandfather in December.

Congrats on the great grandchild! I only hope I live long enough to experience that!

enjenjo

I rebuilt the axle on the trailer I am towing back. I adapted SN95 Mustang sealed hubs to the axle, and picked up some Aerostar wheels and tires to put on it. I still have to come up with some fenders.

I have the Studebaker truck stripped to the frame. I checked the ratios, both the rear ends I have are 4.88 geared Dana 44. The Jeep guys may want them. I have to finish pulling the bed off one frame. So far all the bolts have come right out.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Congratulations old man.  Josh or Shelby?
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Shelby

Charlie Chops 1940

My pal Shelby? That sweet little gal who cruised the grounds at Kalamazoo with me? That Shelby? How quickly the time goes by. Give her my best wished Frank.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Either way this means that Fat Cat will be a grandfather. Congratulations, GPster

idrivejunk

Congrats on the new young'un. I'm behind the curve on knowing who is who here... I'll get there though. Gonna post a frame Q for some feedback from all you rodders, right after this.

A little sad and a little sympathetic today, last nite a helluva hot rodder passed away, a friend and co-worker. Strokes- small then large, then coma, rehab, almost walking again, then aneurysm. A human musclecar encyclopedia is now offline, RIP Andy P.

That was the sad part. The sympathy goes to co-worker Mike, who got 2nd and 3rd degree burns from wrist to elbow on right arm Friday. Welding on a boat pontoon and boom, burnt. He said sealer fumes. Dadgummit. He is borderline skin graft and needs to stay out of action. Poor guy. He delivered the boat back to it's owner before hitting the ER. Thats just being a cowboy! His skin was hanging like a split sleeve.

BUT-

Today I fixed this- cracked LF fender on a cream puff '31 Model A. Of course the wind caught the driver's door at a show and the spare tire caved it in. Well, that part popped out decent but it opened up this old crack on the fender edge near the spare well. Guess this ain't her first rodeo. Had to keep this repair as small as possible, so much of the old weld stayed.

Anyway, thats part of what I was doing today. That and block out a Firebird decklid most of the way.

Matt

enjenjo

I have the truck frame loaded on the trailer, today I bolted it down so it won't move. I also took the other frame/bed/rear end apart, and it's ready to load. I am supposed to have some help tonight to do that. I still have to come up with some fenders.

UGLY OLDS

Hey Frank ...Congrats on the new munchkin   :!:   :D

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****