What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I have this reoccurring nightmare about another naked lawn mower in Ohio.  :shock:
Congrats Frank :)
Don Colliau

enjenjo

I am leaving in the morning to head back to Ohio.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Yesterday we decided something simply had to be done about my trusty 1995 Ford Windstar. With a mere 220,000 miles on the clock it developed a lack of oil pressure when warm and the time has come to say goodbye. As a result we came home from the Ford dealer with a 2014 Fiesta.

As a byproduct, though, I may break a promise I made and pull another HVAC unit...though I'm not going to tear apart another dashboard. This time it's the side air from the Windstar. It sits behind a side panel that's easily removed and I've already confirmed that it's very slim. The unit appears to be set up for either full heat or full a/c, but air blend could be handled by routing both to the same outlet and converting the existing flapper door to run on a cable instead of a vacuum motor. Of course there needs to be some consideration for defrost as well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Looks like JayBee & I had a similar "urge" today ...

My trusty Red '89 GMC has rotted to the point of only being suitable for a plow truck .. Very sad ..It's still a great truck at 122K miles ..I just cannot control the rust any more .....
  With Mrs. Ugly's blessing , it got replaced by this ....
108K miles ...One owner ...Loaded .....

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

if you ever intend on open ocean fishing.. you probably don't want to view this 30 second video..

if you have bad dreams.. this is also NOT THE VIDEO you ever want to see.. or sea..

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/animals/Shark_Following_Boat/

perhaps this is why the dolphins are all out in front of the boat..

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am leaving in the morning to head back to Ohio.

Long story, I am still in Las Vegas. I left last sunday morning, and got 22 miles when one of the tanks on the radiator cracked. In my favor, it did it right in front of an Autozone, and they had a radiator in stock. took about an hour, and I was back on the road. For another 160 miles. I got a ticking noise in the engine. I called my son to come get me with a trailer, and started back west to meet him with my truck.

It was not a flex plate. It was the timing chain, and it broke. No serious damage to the engine, but I decided to rent a truck to haul it home as the cheapest option. In loading the truck on the trailer along the road, I fell and badly bruised my right knee. After a visit to a clinic, some good drugs, and stay off of it for a few days, it was just badly bruised. It's much better now, I pick up the rental truck monday, and we'll try again.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Long story, I am still in Las Vegas. I left last sunday morning, and got 22 miles when one of the tanks on the radiator cracked. In my favor, it did it right in front of an Autozone, and they had a radiator in stock. took about an hour, and I was back on the road. For another 160 miles. I got a ticking noise in the engine. I called my son to come get me with a trailer, and started back west to meet him with my truck.

It was not a flex plate. It was the timing chain, and it broke. No serious damage to the engine, but I decided to rent a truck to haul it home as the cheapest option. In loading the truck on the trailer along the road, I fell and badly bruised my right knee. After a visit to a clinic, some good drugs, and stay off of it for a few days, it was just badly bruised. It's much better now, I pick up the rental truck monday, and we'll try again.

Geeze Frank, if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all!  I hope the second round goes better for you!

Rrumbler

Quote from: "phat46"

Geeze Frank, if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all!  I hope the second round goes better for you!

Yeah, what he said.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Charlie Chops 1940

Geez Frank; on the other hand you have an empty trailer. Take it easy.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

After spending the last 7 months working on my '40 Ford coupe I decided the other day to take a break and get my '40 Chevy back on the road.  

Yesterday morning I put the driver's door back on and lined it up in the opening. Went around it this morning and dabbed a bunch of nicks in the rear fenders and quarters and started wet sanding the door and quarters for paint. The car is half the old blue  blue or grey primer in front and the back half is sanded new black lacquer and a few spot of grey primer. I almost have the quarters and driver's door ready for a few quick coats of black this weekend. I also installed the driver's side windshield this afternoon. The other side tomorrow.

Next is take the passenger door off for some rust bubbles repairs in the bottom outside skin. 25 hard years since the last repair there. While that door is off I will finish the front of the new rocker panel installed a couple years ago.

I'm disgusted that I've gotten so far behind on this car. I've started a punch list and hope to have it running and driving this month.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

Just after you mentioned that you had gotten an S10 to haul the new trailer and Studebaker parts home I started a message to you to tell you that I had some parts from the truck that I junked out to get the drive train for the Jeepster. One of the things I was going to mention was a used radiator that was labeled for an '89. But then I figured that with the S10 frames you had in your stash you had probable managed to save a radiator. Also you probably would have chosen something newer and in better shape to pull a trailer from Las Vegas than I could provide parts for. My trying to type this got so confusing that I just "X"ed it. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Geez Frank; on the other hand you have an empty trailer. Take it easy.

Since I have plenty of room, I have been looking for some other stuff to bring back.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Geez Frank; on the other hand you have an empty trailer. Take it easy.

Since I have plenty of room, I have been looking for some other stuff to bring back.

You may need to find a knowleagable  mechanic to check the vehicle out for other stuff that may need attention
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"

You may need to find a knowleagable  mechanic to check the vehicle out for other stuff that may need attention

Rental truck, they have to take care of it.

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"

Rental truck, they have to take care of it.

Last U Haul I rented had no oil showing on the dipstick and tank was only 3/4 full...they played dumb but reimbursed me.