What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"Frank is this a black residue that you have to scrap off?

It's old rubber and a couple layers of adhesive. It also has a retainer groove on each side that is hard to get into. Paint stripper dissolves the rubber pretty good, but the adhesive, not so much. So I have been using adhesive remover on that. And specially made scrapers to get in the groove. Back and forth, back and forth.

Finally!, all done with the cleaning, sanding, and polishing. They are ready to install. I put the emergency brake handle back together after powder coating it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Test fit of a new 90* fitting for the nitrous plate on my Falcon.

Needed a 90* fitting to clear rocker arm  cover
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Crosley"Test fit of a new 90* fitting for the nitrous plate on my Falcon.

Needed a 90* fitting to clear rocker arm  cover

Is that going to make the front tires leave the ground when activated. You better put a warning label on that car!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

Riveting aluminum...

almost 10 minutes... a MUST view for the knowledge...

i was going to say.. absolutely riveting.. but i won't

enjenjo

Josh and I did a major cleanup on the shop today, now I can get two cars in it.

jaybee

I've realized I have ADD. Yesterday at long last I finished bracing up one door frame on the wagon in preparation for new floors. Today I went to start cutting pieces for the other door frame, but of course it still has a door. Pulled that door off the car, put the striker and all the hardware in a carefully labeled zip lock bag...of course I never bagged the same bits from the other door, find it all and do likewise...not sure how I hadn't lost some of it.

Now I have two big clunky doors in the way. Hmmh, I have some brackets I overbuilt to hang folding chairs on the wall, that'll do. The chairs have to go someplace, and I cleaned some junk out of that back corner as It was just in my way.

After that I worked some more on that cart I'm building for the welding bottles...except I don't have bolts long enough to do what I want. Wander outside to check out the heater and seats in Grand Am while it's light out and I can actually see them...yup, I think I want them...but time is running short for a project that big. What can I do in the time I still have?

Hey, I could start cutting pieces to brace up that other door frame!

Stand and ponder for a few minutes. I've already learned an important lesson from doing the other side. Using big, heavy material just because it's laying round is a bad idea. It takes a lot of heat (read gas since I'm oxy/acetylene) to weld and welding thin things to thick things is a lot of work. Plus it's a lot of work to get it fitted properly and clean enough to weld properly.

I realize all you experienced welders know that, but my newly discovered ADD compels me to say it anyway.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

348tripower

62 degrees and the doors are open :D
Built a gate for the vegetable garden. Taking care o the list today  :shock:
To heck with the car work I needed a change :)
Don Colliau

fast401

Trying to come up with a console for the AMX tonight.  I found some stainless cup holders that are lighted.  Now do I make it out of wood and then have it leather wrapped?
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

enjenjo

Quote from: "fast401"Trying to come up with a console for the AMX tonight.  I found some stainless cup holders that are lighted.  Now do I make it out of wood and then have it leather wrapped?

You could use ABS foam board and wrap that.  I just did an AC cover that way. Stop by and I'll show you how.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"
You could use ABS foam board and wrap that.  I just did an AC cover that way. Stop by and I'll show you how.
I'd be interested in seeing how too.  I'm not sure what ABS foam board is.
George

jaybee

Same here, sounds like an interesting project.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I made a new post about it

GPster

We traded a 126,700 vehicle for one that only had 326. Bought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Now for 5 years I won't have to worry who will fix it if it breaks. GPstr

rooster

sounds nice Joe :D

I needed some bolts for sons 350 build, got the box out and started seperating by size! Coulden"t find what I needed.

Murphy 1
Rooster 0

Crosley.In.AZ

Working under my Simca... got up to close the shop up for the evening.  Found this snake by the open door.

15 - 16 inches long.  Took it out my yard to the irrigation ditches down the way... turned it loose.

It was wagging its tail like a rattle snake.  Dont look like a rattle snake
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)