What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Wayne, I've delighted in your mention of your mother in various replies you've made on this forum. You've always made me feel like she was real life version of "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena". I'm sure she'll be missed but never forgotten. When you had mentioned previously that you were on 7/24 duty I assumed that this was coming. I hope you recover from the extended stress. GPster

wayne petty

thanks guys...

mom helped so many people in her life.. i have tried to do the same..

sirstude

I have spent the day getting ready to take the grandsons, and their parents, my Sister-in-law, wife, and my middle son to Disneyland tomorrow morning.  Have to get to the airport before 5:00am, since my Sister-in-law is a recovering cancer victim and needs wheelchair access.  The 10 year old is beyond the moon, and I am sure looking foward to being with him on his first trip there.  My parents (both gone now) were with us when we took our daughter for her first trip, about the same age as JT is now.  I remember how much fun they had with Becky.  The parents are my daughter and her husband.  JT is Joe's son, and he and Becky have residental custody of him, and we just love him to bits.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Disneyland is always fun. Hope you have a good trip.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Started fabing the headers for my 1948 Simca.  2 tubes tacked together so far
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Don't you love building headers?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

grazza

Quote from: "wayne petty"thanks guys...

mom helped so many people in her life.. i have tried to do the same..

Sorry for your loss Wayne. Mines still with me, but not sure for how long as she is getting very frail, but at 92 I guess she's entitled to.

Trying is all any of us can do as well mate, you're obviously one of the good ones.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

40 Chev Coupe

Just tring to stay warm -21 this morning.

50 F1

Wow that's cold. We had 10 above

enjenjo

Shelby's Buick was stolen this morning, the Toledo police recovered it this afternoon, and it went to the impound lot. It has some damage, I have to pick it up at impound in the morning. Damage is to the steering column.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't you love building headers?

nope, took me a year to dive in.  one item is I worked for a header builder back in late 1980's for about 6 months.  Learned a lot.  The guy was / is an a** hole, so I exited the place
Tony

Mikej

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't you love building headers?

nope, took me a year to dive in.  one item is I worked for a header builder back in late 1980's for about 6 months.  Learned a lot.  The guy was / is an a** hole, so I exited the place

I work for a guy like that..........................Hey wait a minute I'm self employed :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

fitted 2 more  header tubes.  Cut n fitted together.  Need full welding now.

The tubes are in firing order in a circle of the collector.  that is method I was taught
Tony

jaybee

Fussy work, but it's looking very smooth at this point.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Cut n fit the right side header tubes this afternoon.  Now I need to weld up all the tubes, then weld whole header together, then , then .  Probably another year or so.

1 3/4 inch tubes, with 3 1/2 inch collector.  Should support 400+ CID engine
Tony