What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"That price makes it interesting. I've avoided thinking about one at $150.00. Putting it under a table with a shelf it might bring things into "bi-focal range". It's not easy driving up on my wheel ramps and then it only raises my mower up maybe 8". A lot easier than jacking the mower up and putting it on jack stands> GPster
Joe if you're thinking about getting one don't forget to use a 25% off coupon.  That makes it $67.50 before tax.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Finished metal flower yard art work my wife wanted.  It took 6+ yrs, but hey I am finsished
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"Finished metal flower yard art work my wife wanted.  It took 6+ yrs, but hey I am finsished

I like those....they don't require much water or a sprinkler system, they don't drop a lot of leaves to clean up either. . Laura is always wanting to plant stuff and you just end up with something else to maintain.

I bet given the opportunity she could kill those you made too.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Finished metal flower yard art work my wife wanted.  It took 6+ yrs, but hey I am finsished

Hey Tony ....Are those made from little fan blades ???  If so, do they spin & where can I get some ???

Mrs. Ugly saw those & advised...  "You will make some of those for the garden" .....  :idea:

Enjoying the cooking around here , I guess that I am somewhat committed ..... :D

Thanks ...

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Hey Tony ....Are those made from little fan blades ???  If so, do they spin & where can I get some ???

Mrs. Ugly saw those & advised...  "You will make some of those for the garden" .....  :idea:

Enjoying the cooking around here , I guess that I am somewhat committed ..... :D

Thanks ...

Bob .... :wink:

you asked:

Not fan blades. these are my design, I had lazer cut from vendor we use at Hughes Performance. Water jet guy wanted near 4 times the $$

See photos. Flowers are flat, I bend them in crude device with wood and hammer. 3 sizes I have now (11 - 9 - 7 inches) , will be ordering 2 more smaller sizes.  Stems are rebar (large flower) & .250 or 5/16 solid round bar for smaller flower.

Kool side effect on the height of the flowers: the wind moves the flowers around. they tap each other. Little bit of a "wind chime" effect. Wife likes it

This gives me something other than 'car stuff' to work on. During the week, I get burned out on car stuff.  Maybe "PO'd at car stuff is a better phrase.  :shock:  That all explains why I can not get a car built or finished the last 15 years........
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

I'm liking all of the flowers but I'm really liking the ones in front of garage

GOOD JOB lots of brownie points there

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

NEAT idea Tony ... I'm gonna have to put my thinking cap on ... :D

We just came back in after 3 hours  of " landscaping work" .. Now I can move things around & get the Olds back into the garage where it belongs ...

Thanks ...
Bob ...... :wink:

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "GPster"That price makes it interesting. I've avoided thinking about one at $150.00. Putting it under a table with a shelf it might bring things into "bi-focal range". It's not easy driving up on my wheel ramps and then it only raises my mower up maybe 8". A lot easier than jacking the mower up and putting it on jack stands> GPster
Joe if you're thinking about getting one don't forget to use a 25% off coupon.  That makes it $67.50 before tax.
Well I found a coupon (and read the fine print) made a copy of the ad and took the coupon to see the lift and see if it was one of the "fine print's" exceptions. The local store had maybe six of the but didn't have one assembled and on display. Probably didn't display it because it wasn't anything like the one pictured in the add. It appeared to be barely able to do what it was designed to do and certainly not able to make an elevated table or to lift any part of an engine out of a trailer. The Dog enjoyed the ride. GPster

enjenjo

My wife and I went out to dinner with Rumbler and his lovely wife tonight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Ordering the necessary parts & pieces to install fuel tank # 4 in
my pickup..   :roll:

You guys in the southwest don't know how good you have it .....

I HATE RUST... :twisted:  :

Bob..... :wink:

Charlie Chops 1940

Took a little drive down to NW Indiana today to buy 3 original '40 Ford rear fenders - two driver's and one passenger. All three are salvageable but at least one of the driver's side will try my patience I expect. Good originals are getting hard to find in this part of the country and new ones are just too expensive - if Carpenter has them yet - not to mention freight.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

papastoyss

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Took a little drive down to NW Indiana today to buy 3 original '40 Ford rear fenders - two driver's and one passenger. All three are salvageable but at least one of the driver's side will try my patience I expect. Good originals are getting hard to find in this part of the country and new ones are just too expensive - if Carpenter has them yet - not to mention freight.
Yeah, pretty much all '40 Ford rear fenders are in bad shape, esp at the lower rear edge below the bumper, you can't see very well out the back window when backing up due to its high location in the body. The rear fenders on my '40 coupe were bad enough that I would have gladly pd the $ for new ones if they were available at the time & I 'm a tightwad!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Ohio Blue Tip

Charlie, you just won't leave that nice 40 alone will ya!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

kb426

UGLY OLDS, I'm very thankful I don't deal with the everyday problems you guys handle. I'd become a proponent of plastic cars if that was the case. In regards to the 40 fenders, that applies to almost all the metal I come across. The 49 Ford cab I bought last spring is the only thing in 20 years that I have found that was rust free. The 51 that I'm working on looked good until I media blasted it. Paint is a pretty good filler. :)
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Ordering the necessary parts & pieces to install fuel tank # 4 in
my pickup..   :roll:

You guys in the southwest don't know how good you have it .....

I HATE RUST... :twisted:  :

Bob..... :wink:

No plastic lined tank available?

Several years ago we got a"NEW" :evil: type of salt/brine for our VEHICLES :roll:  up here.

I have heard it is pretty hard to get off? :evil:  There is already some special stuff to get it off that is sold. Also our major rustproofer reccommends some type of treatment now before rustproofing to get this stuff off.

Even then..daily drivers up here..do whatever you want to/with them to protect them. There are just tons and tons of problems relating to them rusting in inaccessible places when they reach about 12-13 years. Pretty hard to keep a daily driver up here on the road that is over that age.

Even if it isn't/hasn't rusted out..sometimes some part that is no longer available can do them in.